  • Jim
    Message 1 of 82 , Mar 1, 2010
      Good Morning!

      Chapter 11 - "A Vision for You" begins on page 151.

      If you have been following along with the study from the beginning,
      you have learned much about Bill Wilson's writing style. I'll
      recount what we've learned for those who have recently joined us.

      There are several aspects of Bill's writing style which are pretty
      consistent throughout the book. First, Bill will make the same point
      in several different ways. Second, he tries not to repeat the same
      words over and over. Third, he sums up at the end of each chapter.

      It is the third point that is pertinent for our discussion of
      Chapter 11. This is the final chapter in the main text of the book.
      We will see how he will "sum up" or recap what has been covered
      earlier.

      The first three pages cover the introduction and the earlier parts
      of the book, disclosing to the reader what he may find. At the
      bottom of page 153 and through page 164, Bill recounts the
      beginnings of AA and gives a very general outline of AA's brief
      history. Bill doesn't identify the places or people who were
      instrumental in the beginning, although all of the essentials are
      there: Towns Hospital, Dr. Silkworth, The Mayflower Hotel, Akron
      Ohio, Dr. Bob, Bill Dotson (AA #3), Cleveland, New York, etc.

      With our next post we will look at some of the high points of the
      history and look closely at page 164. Then we'll finish up with Dr.
      Bob's Nightmare.

      Weekend Big Book Studies with Jim & Dave - visit:

      For a weekly chuckle visit:
      Message 82 of 82 , Feb 13
        Good Morning,
        Chapter 11 - "A Vision for You" begins on page 151.
        If you have been following along with the study from the beginning, you have learned much about Bill Wilson's writing style. Let's recount what we've learned for those who have recently joined us.