New Cycle - Guidelines

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 3, 2009
      We've just completed our last cycle and it's time to start the cycle
      again.

      Each weekday morning at or about 8:00am Eastern Time, I will post
      the section of the book we will review for the day. We will begin
      with the title page and work our way through to the end of Doctor
      Bob's Nightmare.

      With each post we will try to get to the core meaning of each
      passage, we'll examine the history and try to provide some
      historical context. We will examine each of the steps as presented
      in the book and Bill's writing style.

      After the daily study is posted, members are free to respond and/or
      ask questions.

      The interactive groups are:

      Discussion]

      Dave homepage]

      http://groups.google.com/group/big-book-meeting [Google Big Book Study]

      The newsletter style study at the Big Book Meeting Group in Yahoo is
      not interactive: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bigbookmeeting. If
      you are a member of that group and you want to ask a question about
      the book study, send me an email at jknyc@....

      The cycle takes 40 posts and about eight weeks to complete. We have
      a great time and learn alot about the book from which we took our
      name as a Fellowship.

      Karen will assist me throughout this cycle by posting the studies
      when I am unavailable.

      A little about me-

      "I got sober with "The Cops and Robbers" in northern Westchester
      County at the old Mt. Kisco - Crow Hill Group on August 8, 1980. I
      was 17 years old when I came in and I have been sober ever since. I
      was directed to the Big Book and told "that if it ain't in the book
      it ain't AA". I've been a champion of the Big Book throught my time
      in Alcoholics Anonymous. (I was also told I was too sick to
      comprehend the 12 and 12....they were right).

      "I now live in Bronxville, in southern Westchester county, just
      north of New York City with my wonderfully supportive wife (who
      seems to practice these principles better than many alcoholics -
      even though she is a non-alcoholic). As coincidence would have it,
      we once lived on West 89th Street in Manhattan just half a block
      from the location of what was Towns Hospital (293 Central Park West)
      site of Bill's "White Light" experience. I have a satisfying career
      in commercial/retail real estste development and management and
      wonderful relationships with people throughout my life. I am a fully
      satisfied customer of AA. There is alot more but, in the interest of
      brevity, I'll quit there."

      Enjoy the study and pass these links on to your friends:

      http://groups.google.com/group/big-book-meeting

      Thanks to all of you this study is a resounding success and has been
      for several years.

      Jim

      For a weekly chuckle visit:
    • Jim