File - Etiquette

  • bigbookmeeting@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2003
      Just a quick word about thinking of others here.

      More than 200 people receive the posts on the bulletin board as emails. No one is censored here, save the occasional spammer. All we ask is that when responding to posts on the board please consider others. If your response is more appropriately directed to the author of the post and not the whole group there is an option, in most cases, to respond *directly* to the author of the post.

      When you hit the "reply" button, on the screen that comes up there is the box titled "To". To the right of that box is a drop down arrow. Click on it and you're offered the option to respond directly to the author of the post you're responding to rather than the bulletin board at large. The default is to reply to the whole group and most people aren't aware that they have this option.

      No one should feel that they are being muzzled here. That isn't the spirit of our study. But we must confine our discussions to the study and avoid lengthy discussions that stray from our study. Thanks to all of you this study has been going strong and growing for over three years now.

      Gratefully-

      Jim K.
      The Into Action Group
      Manhattan, NY
    • bigbookmeeting@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2003
          Just a quick word about thinking of others here and how our study works:

          I will post the study each weekday at 8am Eastern. Starting at the beginning of the book we'll work our way through to Dr. Bob's Nightmare. The study runs for 40 posts and takes eight weeks to complete. Comments are welcomed but will be approved by the moderator.

          More than 300 people receive the posts on the bulletin board as emails. Remember that many of these people don't want alot of other messages unrelated to the study. No one is censored here, save the occasional spammer. All we ask is that when responding to posts on the board please consider others. If your response is more appropriately directed to the author of the post and not the whole group there is an option, in most cases, to respond *directly* to the author of the post.

          When you hit the "reply" button, on the screen that comes up there is the box titled "To". To the right of that box is a drop down arrow. Click on it and you're offered the option to respond directly to the author of the post you're responding to rather than the bulletin board at large. The default is to reply to the whole group and most people aren't aware that they have this option.

          All posts going to the bulletin board are moderated. If it is better directed to the author of a post to which you are responding please choose that option. If it is off topic, etc. it won't be posted. By the same token no one should feel that they are being muzzled here. That isn't the spirit of our study. But we must confine our discussions to the study material and avoid lengthy discussions that stray from our study. Thanks to all of you this study has been going strong and growing for over three years now.

          Gratefully-

          Jim K.
          The Into Action Group of Manhattan
        • bigbookmeeting@yahoogroups.com