RE: Re: [Big Book Study] Big Book Study - Post #22-B foud

  • b.
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
      Hi Everyone,
      I appreciate the comments on steps 4 & 5 which I have read recently.
      I am currently working on my first 4th step -- one year into the
      program, I have been writing for six months. On June 16th I am going
      on a Vision Quest, a native american odysey into the wilderness for
      five days during which time I will begin the fifth step -- I have a
      lot to read and do not plan to bring any writing material with me so
      it will just be about admitting to God and myself the exact nature of
      my wrongs ... I have been looking forward to this for some time. I am
      grateful for those who have gone before me and come out the other
      side. Thank you for my recovery today

      b.

    • lennyclark
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
        --- In bigbookmeeting@y..., b. <bebe@a...> wrote:
        > Hi Everyone,
        > I appreciate the comments on steps 4 & 5 which I have read
        recently.
        > I am currently working on my first 4th step -- one year into the
        > program, I have been writing for six months. On June 16th I am
        going
        > on a Vision Quest, a native american odysey into the wilderness for
        > five days during which time I will begin the fifth step -- I have a
        > lot to read and do not plan to bring any writing material with me
        so
        > it will just be about admitting to God and myself the exact nature
        of
        > my wrongs ... I have been looking forward to this for some time. I
        am
        > grateful for those who have gone before me and come out the other
        > side. Thank you for my recovery today
        >

        > b.

      • Jay Lawyer
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
          "I have a lot to read and do not plan to bring any writing
          material with me so it will just be about admitting to
          God and myself the exact nature of my wrongs ..."

          Not to put a damper on what you are about to do but....
          What happened to - Admitted to God, to ourselves, and
          to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
          You are going to waste this excellent opportunity by not
          doing exactly what the recipe prescribes.

          God Bless,
          Jay

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
            --- ---"B" when you do your 4th step if your an alcoholic of our type
            you will try to complicate the step..LOL... I beleave the way the big
            book tells us how to work the 4th step with the charts is the best
            way to do do it... also re-reading some of Jims posts on the subject
            will help keep it simple, lenny

            In bigbookmeeting@y..., b. <bebe@a...> wrote:
            > Hi Everyone,
            > I appreciate the comments on steps 4 & 5 which I have read
            recently.
            > I am currently working on my first 4th step -- one year into the
            > program, I have been writing for six months. On June 16th I am
            going
            > on a Vision Quest, a native american odysey into the wilderness for
            > five days during which time I will begin the fifth step -- I have a
            > lot to read and do not plan to bring any writing material with me
            so
            > it will just be about admitting to God and myself the exact nature
            of
            > my wrongs ... I have been looking forward to this for some time. I
            am
            > grateful for those who have gone before me and come out the other
            > side. Thank you for my recovery today
            >

            > b.

          • Hungry Jack
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2002
              I totally agree with Jay.
              If you don't do it properly you will regret it later.
              Pen and paper are good to have to write down things
              which come to you and that you can discuss later
              with whomever you choose to do your 5th step with.

              Sam