Re: [big-hump] RAGBRAI 2009

  • Joe Neyer
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2009
      Indianola...
      Is that near Areola, Iowa?

      Frozen

      --- On Sun, 2/1/09, Sara Johnson <sarajoho@...> wrote:
      From: Sara Johnson <sarajoho@...>
      Subject: [big-hump] RAGBRAI 2009
      To: "Big Hump Yahoo Group" <big-hump@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 12:13 AM

      Sure, it's not until July, but they announced the route rencently. It goes through Indianola which is only about 15-20 miles from where I am. It's also the hometown of Clarence Pickard, the 83 year old that participated in the first ride back in '73. Doubtful that I'm actually doing the route, but I'll come see whomever decides to! Also, it's shorter mileage this year (442.3, last year was 471), but a lot more hills. The last leg of the race is mostly flat, but you get to ride on Snake Alley, although I don't know if you go up or down :)

      http://www.ragbrai. org/

      Dewey

    • John Marin
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2009
        i gots some good stories about when we met the riders in Cresco IA
        back in 95? 96? and set a hash. remind me to tell ya some day when
        i'm sober enuf to get the facts straight.

        OnOn
        dicksmith
        On Feb 1, 2009, at 1:04 AM, Sara Johnson wrote:

        > Sure, it's not until July, but they announced the route rencently.
        > It goes through Indianola which is only about 15-20 miles from
        > where I am. It's also the hometown of Clarence Pickard, the 83 year
        > old that participated in the first ride back in '73. Doubtful that
        > I'm actually doing the route, but I'll come see whomever decides
        > to! Also, it's shorter mileage this year (442.3, last year was
        > 471), but a lot more hills. The last leg of the race is flat, but
        > you get to ride on Snake Alley, although I don't know if you go up
        > or down :)
        >
        > Dewey

      • cassandra porlier
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2009
          I'd do it if we could ride in Butts car with the top down the whole time.
          No way my ass is on a bike seat that long.
          ~ Hummers

          Sure, it's not until July, but they announced the route rencently. It goes through Indianola which is only about 15-20 miles from where I am. It's also the hometown of Clarence Pickard, the 83 year old that participated in the first ride back in '73. Doubtful that I'm actually doing the route, but I'll come see whomever decides to! Also, it's shorter mileage this year (442.3, last year was 471), but a lot more hills. The last leg of the race is mostly flat, but you get to ride on Snake Alley, although I don't know if you go up or down :)

          http://www.ragbrai. org/

          Dewey

        • William Chitty
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2009
            I am going for sure.

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Feb 1, 2009, at 12:13 AM, Sara Johnson <sarajoho@...> wrote:

            Sure, it's not until July, but they announced the route rencently. It goes through Indianola which is only about 15-20 miles from where I am. It's also the hometown of Clarence Pickard, the 83 year old that participated in the first ride back in '73. Doubtful that I'm actually doing the route, but I'll come see whomever decides to! Also, it's shorter mileage this year (442.3, last year was 471), but a lot more hills. The last leg of the race is mostly flat, but you get to ride on Snake Alley, although I don't know if you go up or down :)

            http://www.ragbrai. org/

            Dewey

          • Susan Schuett
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 4, 2009
              The RA is pre-lubbing for what has been advertised as a 5-BeerStop trail.

              I'm thinking circle will be MUUUUUUUUUCH longer than 23 minutes. Wear your woolies, suckas!

              DMB