RE: Inside Story Americas: The US legacy on Vieques

  • Robert Rabin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2013
      Inside Story Americas
      <http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/insidestoryamericas/>

      The US legacy on Vieques

      Are cancer, birth defects, and diseases the lasting legacy of US weapons use
      on the Puerto Rican island?

      Inside Story Americas travelled to Vieques to produce a special report on
      the ongoing environmental issues and health crisis there.

      Together with presenter Shihab Rattansi, we discuss the crisis with guests:
      Katherine McCaffrey, a professor of anthropology at Montclair University,
      who has also written a book on the military presence in Vieques; James
      Barton a munitions expert and co-author of a report on the ecological,
      radiological, and toxicological effects of naval bombardment on Vieques.

      http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/insidestoryamericas/2013/05/201351410515
      7928258.html

      --

      Kaelyn Forde Producer | Inside Story Americas
      <http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/insidestoryamericas/> | 1627 K Street

      Tel 202.496.4187 | Cell 213.590.6800 | Kaelyn.forde@... | Join
      us on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/InsideStoryUS> and Twitter
      <https://twitter.com/AJInsideStoryAM>