FW: Message from Ramon Labanino Salazar

  • Robert Rabin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2008
      V IEQUES SE SOLIDARIZA CON LOS CINCO.....

      VIEQUES IN SOLIDARITY WITH THE CUBAN FIVE

      =-------------------------

      December 25, 2007

      FREE ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS OF THE EMPIRE – STRUGGLE FOR THEM – COMMITTEE
      IN SOLIDARITY WITH CUBA – PUERTO RICO

      Message received . . .

      Brothers and Sisters:

      Ramón finds himself subjected to further punishing conditions since las
      December 11th and for this reason he has not been able to send all the
      letters and greetings for the new year to his friends around the world. In
      a very brief 5 minute telephone conversation this morning, December 20, he
      asked me to send this message to all the sisters and brothers that do so
      much to promote the cause of the Cuban 5 and to achieve genuine justice in
      this case. It is because of this that I hastily prepared this message in
      his name and our family's, full of the love that inspires us to continue to
      struggle for the freedom of our family members. Also receive on behalf of
      our daughters a warm greeting and the wishes that you have a merry Christmas
      and that you have a prosperous new year 2008.

      Elizabeth Palmeiro Casado.

      Mensaje de Ramón Labañino Salazar

      Message from Ramón Labañino Salazar

      Dear Brothers and Sisters Throughout the World:

      We are now nearing the celebrations for Christmas and the 2008 new year and
      we want to send you our greetings accompanied with all the gratitude and
      affection for the support you've shown to this cause which united us: The
      solidarity with Cuba and the freedom of the five.

      At this time we always reflect on the things we have done and have to do,
      and, it is for this reason that upon remembering all the activities that
      have been realized during this year 2007 with purpose of gaining more
      solidarity with our cause, that we are filled with strength and more
      optimism in the certainty of our victory.

      It doesn't matter how long this cruelty continues, that victory will be ours
      and because of this we will continue to struggle alongside all of you to
      bring an end to the false morality of the empire that says it struggles
      against terrorism and yet keeps us imprisoned not recognizing the history of
      terrorist attacks against the people of Cuba.

      From Argentina to Canada and the United States, throughout Central America
      and the Caribbean, from the other side of the Atlantic, from Spain to
      Vietnam and Australia, in the African Continent, in every corner of the
      planet, the voice of justice has been heard demanding our freedom. Your
      letters inform us every day about all the actions, events, and
      demonstrations of solidarity. Always count on us to be there for every
      just cause, soon we will join all of you.

      Thank you brothers and sisters for letting us know that we can always count
      on you to bring an end to so much injustice. Injustice that for more than
      10 years has kept us away from our loved ones and our beloved homeland.

      For Cubans these celebrations are also accompanied by those that he hola for
      yet another anniversary of the revolution that returned our dignity and
      freedom to us. Dignity and freedom that today many peoples of our
      continent struggle for.

      Long live the 49 anniversary of the triumph of the Cuban Revolution!

      Until Victory Always!

      RAMON LABAÑINO SALAZAR

      USP BEAUMONT , TEXAS

      DIC. 20, 2007

      Indomitable/Unyielding

      They come to ask me to surrender

      to betray my country and my ideals

      they even offer jewels and beautiful things

      and riches and limitless money that I would have.

      They come to tell me to betray

      that there is no reason to struggle

      that lacking love and emotions

      without principles

      is indeed an infertile valley.

      Stubborn, Insolent and Infamous

      they do not know the fidelity to ideals

      and that I would prefer to die in combat with them

      how rich to live among the infamous.

      I will live and struggle among our people

      and will leave betrayal and treason to the cowards.

      Ramón Labañino Salazar

      " . . . the matters that we presenting provide us at this time the biggest
      of our opportunities to free the Five. This is a critical moment and it is
      very important that the network of support is aware and actively involved in
      the case." Leonard Weinglas, northamerican lead defense lawyer.

      HYPERLINK "http://www.antiterroristas.cu/" \nwww.antiterroristas.cu ,
      HYPERLINK "http://www.amigosdecuba.com.ar/" \nwww.amigosdecuba.com.ar ,
      HYPERLINK "http://www.libertadaloscinco.org/" \nwww.libertadaloscinco.org

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.