Summer vacation

  • LadyArwyn
    Message 1 of 773 , Jan 27, 2001
      This year we're going to take a rather unusaul
      vacation. Our daughter has finally graduated to the
      trailer-bike, so we're going to put her behind my bike, load up
      the bike trailer with camping gear and food behind
      Mike's bike, and take our kids out for four days. We're
      not sure which direction we're going yet, either
      inland to the Sonoma Valley, west to the coast and
      beach-camping, or north to the redwoods. Our choice will
      ultimately be decided by safety of the route and difficulty
      for the children. <br><br>So we begin our
      preperations. We are purchasing racks for the boys' bikes for
      their clothes, researching routes and choosing a date.
      Any tips or ideas will be appreciated!
    • rastasutra
      Message 773 of 773 , Jul 31, 2002
        Hi everyone! I'm a bike commuter newbie from the Philippines. I
        came across this wonderfull egroup and I happened upon this pretty
        old message about dog attacks. Spraying the dog with water from your
        water bottle usually does the trick. Plus, you don't have to worry
        about the wind spraying it back on you too. Read it from an old
        issue of Bicycling Magazine.