RE: [biblicalist] Numbers Show Antiquity of Patriarchal Narratives
- Thank you Dr. Shepherd, My delete button is wearing out.
Independent Bible Researcher
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On
Behalf Of Jerry Shepherd
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2013 9:16 AM
Subject: RE: [biblicalist] Numbers Show Antiquity of Patriarchal Narratives
Just a few quick notes:
(1) Congratulations to Jim for being able to find the only three or four
people in the entire universe who are interested in dialoguing on the
matters that have occupied the list for the last couple of weeks.
(2) I'm the moderator, and I am completely uninterested in the fancifulness
of the theories that are being proposed, or the exchanges that have gone
back and forth.
(3) I've read the stuff before, and that is why this time around, I haven't
even bothered to read these exchanges.
(4) There hadn't been a lot of activity on the list recently, I was
preoccupied with other things, and I kinda, due to the season, fell into a
Santa Claus mood and decided to let everyone fire away.
(5) However, over the last few days, a number of list members have
unsubscribed, I think probably because they were bored out of their skulls
and disillusioned over the nature of the conversations.
(6) The posts the last couple of weeks have been entirely too long. A
discussion list is not a place for you to write journal article-length
(7) Not only that, but some of you have been posting long replies, without
deleting the long posts to which you are replying!
(8) In light of the foregoing, I will continue to play Santa Claus up
through Sunday, January 6 at midnight, MST in the US. After that, I will
morph into my Grinch persona and reject any more posts on this thread. So
get you licks in while you can.
(9) On Monday, I'll try to start a more relevant thread that will be of more
interest to the majority of the members of the list.
(10) I can't think of a tenth point.
Blessings, and Happy New Year
Dr. Jerry E. Shepherd
Associate Professor of Old Testament
11525 - 23 Avenue
Edmonton, AB T6J 4T3
Email: jerry.shepherd@... <mailto:jerry.shepherd%40taylor-edu.ca>
Jerry.shepherd@... <mailto:Jerry.shepherd%40taylor-edu.ca> >
>[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- --- In email@example.com, "Jerry Shepherd" wrote:
> This thread is closed.
You closed the thread two minutes after reading my post.
That's a visceral response.