RE: [biblicalist] Numbers Show Antiquity of Patriarchal Narratives

  • Jerry Shepherd
    Message 1 of 64 , Jan 4, 2013
      Hi List,

      Just a few quick notes:

      (1) Congratulations to Jim for being able to find the only three or four people in the entire universe who are interested in dialoguing on the matters that have occupied the list for the last couple of weeks.

      (2) I’m the moderator, and I am completely uninterested in the fancifulness of the theories that are being proposed, or the exchanges that have gone back and forth.

      (3) I’ve read the stuff before, and that is why this time around, I haven’t even bothered to read these exchanges.

      (4) There hadn’t been a lot of activity on the list recently, I was preoccupied with other things, and I kinda, due to the season, fell into a Santa Claus mood and decided to let everyone fire away.

      (5) However, over the last few days, a number of list members have unsubscribed, I think probably because they were bored out of their skulls and disillusioned over the nature of the conversations.

      (6) The posts the last couple of weeks have been entirely too long. A discussion list is not a place for you to write journal article-length essays.

      (7) Not only that, but some of you have been posting long replies, without deleting the long posts to which you are replying!

      (8) In light of the foregoing, I will continue to play Santa Claus up through Sunday, January 6 at midnight, MST in the US. After that, I will morph into my Grinch persona and reject any more posts on this thread. So get you licks in while you can.

      (9) On Monday, I’ll try to start a more relevant thread that will be of more interest to the majority of the members of the list.

      (10) I can’t think of a tenth point.

      Blessings, and Happy New Year

      Jerry

      Dr. Jerry E. Shepherd
      Associate Professor of Old Testament
      Taylor Seminary
      11525 - 23 Avenue
      Edmonton, AB T6J 4T3
      CANADA
      Office: (780)431-5250
      Home: (780)434-1164
      Fax: (780)436-9416
      Email: jerry.shepherd@... <mailto:Jerry.shepherd@...>
      Internet: http://www.taylor-edu.ca <https://owa.taylor-edu.ca/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.taylor-edu.ca>

    • richfaussette
      Message 64 of 64 , Jan 8, 2013
        --- In biblicalist@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Shepherd" wrote:

        > This thread is closed.
        >

        > Blessings,
        >

        > Jerry

        Dr. Shepherd,
        You closed the thread two minutes after reading my post.
        That's a visceral response.
        I apologize.

        Richard Faussette