Love Your Neighbor As Yourself ... but what does it really mean?

  • Sergiu S. Simmel
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18 2:29 PM
      I am so pleased to announce and invite you all to:

      LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR
      AS YOURSELF
      Do YOU Know How To Do It?

      A World Premiere
      120-Minute LIVE, INTERACTIVE Tele-Webinar
      with best-selling author and Top-50 speaker
      Rabbi JOSEPH TELUSHKIN
      (author of "A Code of Jewish Ethics")
      and
      renowned scholar and master teacher
      Brandeis Professor REUVEN KIMELMAN

      http://www.MoralBible.com/LoveYourNeighbor/P

      "Love Your Neighbor As Yourself" (Leviticus
      19:18) is the most widely recognized line from
      the Hebrew Bible. There is hardly any Jew,
      Christian and perhaps others who has not heard
      this five-word sentence. In these times of strife
      and conflict, this commandment becomes even more
      relevant.

      But what does it really mean?

      Please consider:

      * Why aren't we asked to "love humanity," but
      just our neighbor?
      * What does the word "as" mean here?
      * How does it relate to "do not hate your
      brother in your heart?"
      * Does it apply to enemies?
      * What is the neighbor's responsibility to us?
      * Does it imply that we are obligated to
      love ourselves?

      If you find any of these questions (or others you
      may have) puzzling or intriguing, this
      interactive, live audio session with two of the
      world's best scholars, teachers and captivating
      speakers is just for you.

      DATE: Monday April 27, 2009
      TIME: 9 PM Eastern | 6 PM Pacific
      PLACE: Your telephone OR your Internet computer
      If this time is NOT convenient for you, no
      worries: we'll get the recording of the full
      session ready for you shortly after the live
      event. However, you MUST register to gain access
      to the replay.

      To reserve your virtual seat (yes, there is a
      limit on the number of attendees we can
      accommodate), and perhaps get your own questions
      answered, simply register at:

      http://www.MoralBible.com/LoveYourNeighbor/P <<--

      If you've had the pleasure to attend any of Rabbi
      Telushkin's or Professor Kimelman's live
      teachings, you already know how insightful,
      informative, and entertaining they are. If you
      haven't, you are in for a real treat. So go ahead
      and register now!

      This event is suitable for anyone interested in
      learning, scholarship, ethics, and teaching,
      regardless of denomination, faith, religious
      practice or educational background, and is
      produced and hosted by Our Learning Company LLC.