Re: [biblicalist] Re: conversion narratives?

  • Rikk Watts
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1 4:25 AM
      In NT. Can also be on the theology of conversion.

      Thanks
      Rikk

      On 30/04/08 10:10 PM, "Bob Burns" <summascriptura@...> wrote:

      > In general, or in the NT?
      >
      > --- In biblicalist@yahoogroups.com <mailto:biblicalist%40yahoogroups.com> ,
      > Rikk Watts <rwatts@...> wrote:
      >> >
      >> > Pardon the cross-posting...
      >> >
      >> > Does any one know of any particular works devoted to NT conversion
      >> > narratives? I'm sure Paul's accounts have been looked at in detail,
      > but I'm
      >> > thinking of conversion stories in general.
      >> >
      >> > Thanks
      >> >
      >> > Rikk Watts (Cantab)
      >> > Regent College, Vancouver

    • brian boland
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1 7:38 AM
        Hi Rikk!
        This is a highly emotive issue with several views, each deeply felt.To obtain an overview you need to look at writers who hold views across the spectrum
        1 Those who practice infant baptism [ Catholics, Episcopalian, Methodists etc] Those who practice adult baptism after belief and approval[ Baptist, Brethren, Mennonite ++] Those who practice baptism on belief for remission of sins[ Church of Christ, Christadelphian +++], Those who teach charismatic gifts at or after conversion many titles] I know of no writer who correctly represents others views correctly so look forward to a wide and interesting overview into human psychology!
        brian j boland

        Rikk Watts <rwatts@...> wrote: In NT. Can also be on the theology of conversion.

        Thanks
        Rikk

        On 30/04/08 10:10 PM, "Bob Burns" <summascriptura@...> wrote:

        > In general, or in the NT?
        >
        > --- In biblicalist@yahoogroups.com <mailto:biblicalist%40yahoogroups.com> ,
        > Rikk Watts <rwatts@...> wrote:
        >> >
        >> > Pardon the cross-posting...
        >> >
        >> > Does any one know of any particular works devoted to NT conversion
        >> > narratives? I'm sure Paul's accounts have been looked at in detail,
        > but I'm
        >> > thinking of conversion stories in general.
        >> >
        >> > Thanks
        >> >
        >> > Rikk Watts (Cantab)
        >> > Regent College, Vancouver

      • brian boland