2477"Father Draws Him" Grammar

  • funhistory
    Apr 11, 2013
      "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent me draws him..." (John 6:44).

      Question for the NT Greek experts among us: Is "Father draws him (Pater elkuse auton)" in this verse active or passive? By analogy, a pretty lady can unwittingly attract a man just because she's (passively) a pretty lady; or a lady can doll herself up in an attractive way & (actively) cross a specific man's path to ensure he notices her. Which of these reflects the grammar of John 6:44, & how would the grammar of the noun, verb, &/or pronoun have to change to convey the opposite voice? I've seen this verse discussed in the context of Calvinism & Arminianism, but I just want unbiased grammar sans dogma. As always, thanks in advance for any responses!

      G.M. Grena
      www.LMLK.org
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic