2112Re: [biblicalist] Your Own Bible Translation Tool

  • Peter Kirk
    Nov 6, 2011
      G.M., you might be interested in Adapt It, a free tool from SIL
      described at
      http://www.sil.org/computing/catalog/show_software.asp?id=105. I think
      it would do what you want, if you can get the base version you are
      working from into the software. But the download site seems to be out of
      operation at the moment.

      Peter Kirk

      On 06/11/2011 21:14, funhistory wrote:
      > Does anybody know of any Bible software that allows you to provide your own Hebrew/Greek translation database (into English or any language),& then output that translation so you can immediately see how the choice of words affect multiple verses?
      >
      > For example, it could start with the 1611 KJV,& when you get to a word that's outdated or unclear, you could type in a substitute, which would then apply it to the rest of the Bible. It would also allow you to restrict your new translation to certain verses/contexts. It could also show you a Strong's Concordance, highlighting your additions.
      >
      > I've never invested in any of the applications I've seen marketed over the years, so I'm curious how far they've progressed.
      >
      > G.M. Grena
      > www.LMLK.org

      Peter Kirk
      E-mail: peter@...