Bowman/BeDuhn Debate "alleged" (Barry please clarify)

  • oneness_3
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2004
      --- In evangelicals_and_jws@yahoogroups.com, "Barry" <nebarry@v...>
      wrote:
      > Of course -- I never said I wasn't guilty. I don't have the time
      to explore every issue in depth, nor is a list such as this always
      conducive to that kind of discourse. I'm saving the good stuff for
      my full-fledged review, and follow up comments to the alleged future
      dialogue between Beduhn and Bowman.

      > N.E. Barry Hofstetter
    • aiwazthelema_tm
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25, 2004
        --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, "oneness_3"
        <oneness_3@y...> wrote:
        > --- In evangelicals_and_jws@yahoogroups.com, "Barry" <nebarry@v...>
        > wrote:
        > > Of course -- I never said I wasn't guilty. I don't have the time
        > to explore every issue in depth, nor is a list such as this always
        > conducive to that kind of discourse. I'm saving the good stuff for
        > my full-fledged review, and follow up comments to the alleged
        future
        > dialogue between Beduhn and Bowman.
        >
        > > N.E. Barry Hofstetter

        There is more information with regard to BeDuhn in the files and
        links section of http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/bibliotruth

        Currently, it seems the discussion centers on John 1:1. I have done
        more research to find the depth of this debate (between Word
        was 'God' vs. Word was 'a god.") This whole debate is illustrated
        (or preconceived?) clearly in Westcott. I find it humorour the
        extent it still continues.

        (just fyi):

        syl·lo·gism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sl-jzm)

        Logic. A form of deductive reasoning consisting of a major premise, a
        minor premise, and a conclusion; for example, All humans are mortal,
        the major premise, I am a human, the minor premise, therefore, I am
        mortal, the conclusion.
        Reasoning from the general to the specific; deduction.
        A subtle or specious piece of reasoning.

        Sincerely,

        KH
      • John
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 26, 2004
          I can not get to you information, what do I need to do to look at it?