Re: Groping in the darkness

  • Roy Wayne Tobias
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 29, 2005
      Hi Lenny,

      Sorry it took me a couple of days to return and respond. I'll try to
      say this a little more plainly; God has made it so we must rely on
      Him in all things, even in the discovery of His person and
      attributes. Sometimes, the closer we get, the harder it gets
      to 'see', because being so close it is hard to understand or
      perceive what assumptions we are carrying with us that are leading
      us astray. Also, no one approaches God except that they are purified
      (blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God)in love. And
      it is God who does the purifying, eh? And this reveals the purpose
      in God having created-or allowed, if you prefer-darkness. In the
      darkness our fears are shown to us by God, Who uses all things for
      and towards His purposes. He alone is soveriegn, and nothing is
      beyond that. At least in my view.

      Like you said, it's not that God is necessarily 'hiding'(though
      there are scriptures to back up that thought too), but instead uses
      the darkness to reveal Himself to us. Who among us can say, really,
      they have ever seen or know who or what God is? Yet even in our
      darkness of mind, He makes His presense known to us, and proves His
      faithfulness and love towards us-and teaches us about faith, without
      which we can do nothing or know nothing.

      So while darkness can be seen as an enemy, it also can be seen as a
      teacher of sorts-or rather, a tool in God's hand for teaching and
      correcting and reproof.

      Blessings Lenny,