RE: [biblicalapologetics] Re: list

  • Ruffin, Bill
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 23, 2004
      Message
      Cynthia, thanks for information.

      Gary, I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

      Bill

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 23, 2004
        You're welcome. Anytime you need some "helful hints", let me know.

        CH

        --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, "Ruffin, Bill"
        <bill.ruffin@t...> wrote:
        > Cynthia, thanks for information.
        >
        > Gary, I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.
        >
        > Bill

        ______________________
      • gary saunders
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 24, 2004
          So I still don't understand how to get into the files.
          Cynthia, why don't i have a yahoo address. What
          address do I have? Help.

          Thanks
          Gary

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 24, 2004
            Message
            Gary, it looks to me like you've got a Yahoo address. :)

            If you see the second one, click "log out". Then follow the next instructions.
            If you see "sign in", put in your yahoo user name and password, just like you do for mail.
            If you see your own name, you should also see a column to the left of all of the Groups you are subscribed to.

            Click on Biblical Apologetics.

            From this main page, you've got access to all the tools that Yahoo offers through this group. :)  For this particular need, click on "Files".

            This should bring up the file list - 8 or so Word documents. Click on a title, and you can do one of two things -
                - OPEN will simply open the Word doc on your computer, just like an IE browser. It does not save to your hard drive, but you have the option, if you want to keep it, of going to File > SaveAs to do so.
                - SAVE does just that, it saves the file to the desktop.

            Gary, if you're using a Mac, or Netscape, the last little bit may be a tiny bit different, but it shouldn't be too far off.

            I went back and read what Bill and Cynthia had to say on the subject, and was wondering if your connection to groups wasn't properly established in the first place, if *that* might be the problem... if this doesn't resolve it either, maybe post everything you do, step by step, until the process breaks down and something tells you "NO! YOU CAN'T HAVE THE FILE!"

            Hope that helps!

            (Oh, and by way of intro, I'm Kathi Sharpe, founder of ExWitch Ministries. As the name implies, I am an ex-witch, been saved since July of 2000 and the Lord is using me to reach out to people in the pagan/occult community. I've got a passionate interest in the art and science of apologetics, and not nearly enough time to learn all that I want to learn!)

            Kathi Sharpe
            ExWitch Ministries
            Site: http://www.exwitch.org

            Are you a good person?

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 24, 2004
              Gary, did you try going to the group's website and clicking on the hyperlink next to "Join this group"?  If you click on that, it will help you find your membership and register you for a Yahoo ID.

              There is a way for Rob Bowman to go into the Members section of the group as well and do a "request for Yahoo ID" for you.  It sends instructions on registering for a Yahoo ID and takes you through a step by step process.

              If you want to write to me privately, I'll give you my phone number so I can walk you through the process if you would like to call me.

              Cynthia

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 24, 2004
                Message
                Gary,

                In a separate email, I attached the file you were looking for.  Enjoy!

                Bill