Re: [biblicalapologetics] Re: list

  • Cynthia H.
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 23, 2004
      That won't be possible for Gary as he does not have a Yahoo ID associated with his email address.  The information you just gave him Bill, would be good if he had a Yahoo ID and could get over to the group's main website.  For those of you who might be receiving email only and haven't seen the group's main website here is the url:

      When you get there, you'll see a large rectangular blue "button" that says, "Join this group".  Well if you are already a member, the hyperlink next to the button says, "Already receiving group email".  Click on that and it will take you to a page that will guide you through a step by step process to get a Yahoo ID.

      After one is registered for the Yahoo ID, then he or she has access to the group's files and photos section with no problem.  All one has to do is when you go to the group's website, is "log in" with your Yahoo ID and password.

      CH

      Bill Ruffin <bill.ruffin@...> wrote:
      Gary,
      On the left side of the screen is a menu.  The fisrt choice
      is "Home".  The fifth choice is "Files".  Clicking on that takes you
      to the Files section where Rob's documents are located.

      Bill

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • Ruffin, Bill
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 23, 2004
        Message
        Cynthia, thanks for information.

        Gary, I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

        Bill

[...]

        Security System.

      • Cynthia
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 23, 2004
          You're welcome. Anytime you need some "helful hints", let me know.

          CH

          --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, "Ruffin, Bill"
          <bill.ruffin@t...> wrote:
          > Cynthia, thanks for information.
          >
          > Gary, I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.
          >
          > Bill

          ______________________
        • gary saunders
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 24, 2004
            So I still don't understand how to get into the files.
            Cynthia, why don't i have a yahoo address. What
            address do I have? Help.

            Thanks
            Gary

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 24, 2004
              Message
              Gary, it looks to me like you've got a Yahoo address. :)

              If you see the second one, click "log out". Then follow the next instructions.
              If you see "sign in", put in your yahoo user name and password, just like you do for mail.
              If you see your own name, you should also see a column to the left of all of the Groups you are subscribed to.

              Click on Biblical Apologetics.

              From this main page, you've got access to all the tools that Yahoo offers through this group. :)  For this particular need, click on "Files".

              This should bring up the file list - 8 or so Word documents. Click on a title, and you can do one of two things -
                  - OPEN will simply open the Word doc on your computer, just like an IE browser. It does not save to your hard drive, but you have the option, if you want to keep it, of going to File > SaveAs to do so.
                  - SAVE does just that, it saves the file to the desktop.

              Gary, if you're using a Mac, or Netscape, the last little bit may be a tiny bit different, but it shouldn't be too far off.

              I went back and read what Bill and Cynthia had to say on the subject, and was wondering if your connection to groups wasn't properly established in the first place, if *that* might be the problem... if this doesn't resolve it either, maybe post everything you do, step by step, until the process breaks down and something tells you "NO! YOU CAN'T HAVE THE FILE!"

              Hope that helps!

              (Oh, and by way of intro, I'm Kathi Sharpe, founder of ExWitch Ministries. As the name implies, I am an ex-witch, been saved since July of 2000 and the Lord is using me to reach out to people in the pagan/occult community. I've got a passionate interest in the art and science of apologetics, and not nearly enough time to learn all that I want to learn!)

              Kathi Sharpe
              ExWitch Ministries
              Site: http://www.exwitch.org

              Are you a good person?

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 24, 2004
                Gary, did you try going to the group's website and clicking on the hyperlink next to "Join this group"?  If you click on that, it will help you find your membership and register you for a Yahoo ID.

                There is a way for Rob Bowman to go into the Members section of the group as well and do a "request for Yahoo ID" for you.  It sends instructions on registering for a Yahoo ID and takes you through a step by step process.

                If you want to write to me privately, I'll give you my phone number so I can walk you through the process if you would like to call me.

                Cynthia

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 24, 2004
                  Message
                  Gary,

                  In a separate email, I attached the file you were looking for.  Enjoy!

                  Bill