Re: Policy change re Biblical Apologetics Group

  • Isa
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2011
      Rob:

      You are turning your website into a mere "academic biblical forum." This approach to Biblical studies does not produce faith that leads to commitment and action. It is LIFELESS. But then its is your website.

      Isa
      -----

      --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <faithhasitsreasons@...> wrote:

      > Effective immediately, all posts will be moderated. That means I will need to review each post before it goes through to the Group. I hope to change this moderation policy after we get the Group back on track.
      >
      > All posts must pertain directly to the Bible, either to questions regarding the truth, inspiration, or reliability of the Bible as a whole, biblical hermeneutics, or specific questions about the interpretation and/or truth of particular books or passages of the Bible. General theological or philosophical topics are off-limits here. Political or social statements are not allowed.

    • Arcee A
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2011
        Hi Isa,

        I think Rob just wants us to submit posts that is in keeping with the forum's reason for being which is - Biblical Apologetics.  So, in effect, he is just redirecting us to the original purpose of why the forum was created in the first place.

        God bless!

        Arcee

        "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." - C.S. Lewis

        You are turning your website into a mere "academic biblical forum." This approach to Biblical studies does not produce faith that leads to commitment and action. It is LIFELESS. But then its is your website.

        Isa
        -----

        --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <faithhasitsreasons@...> wrote:

        > Effective immediately, all posts will be moderated. That means I will need to review each post before it goes through to the Group. I hope to change this moderation policy after we get the Group back on track.
        >
        > All posts must pertain directly to the Bible, either to questions regarding the truth, inspiration, or reliability of the Bible as a whole, biblical hermeneutics, or specific questions about the interpretation and/or truth of particular books or passages of the Bible. General theological or philosophical topics are off-limits here. Political or social statements are not allowed.

      • Rob
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2011
          Isa,

          Somehow your post came through without my having a chance to moderate it first. I will have to see how to fix that!

          Your criticism is silly. I am limiting the scope of the forum to its original intention, which is to discuss certain types of questions and not others. Excluding general philosophical or theological topics that are not focused on specific biblical issues does not make this an "academic biblical forum," it makes it a biblical forum as distinct from an undefined forum.