Veils, jewelry, pants, etc.

  • Jeremiah Gooch
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2004
      Does anyone have any recommended books or online articles on the topic of
      women's adornment and things along those lines? Some Christians use certain
      passages to support their view that it is wrong for a woman to wear jewelry,
      makeup etc. (e.g., 1Cor11)
      Personally, I believe these are minor issues. But I'm also looking for
      thorough, detailed explanations and commentary of these passages. I found
      one book on Amazon by Ralph Woodrow (at least I think that's his name). Any
      recommendations?

      God bless,
      Jeremiah

      --
      jeremiahg@...
      futureman7999@...

      "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I
      will by no means cast out." John 6:37

      "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give
      them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch
      them out of My hand." John 10:27-28

      "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more
      death, nor sorrow , nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former
      thing have passed away." Rev 21:4

      ---
    • Robert Bowman
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 11, 2004
        Jeremiah,

        You wrote:

        << Does anyone have any recommended books or online articles on the topic of
        women's adornment and things along those lines? Some Christians use certain
        passages to support their view that it is wrong for a woman to wear jewelry,
        makeup etc. (e.g., 1Cor11)
        Personally, I believe these are minor issues. But I'm also looking for
        thorough, detailed explanations and commentary of these passages. I found
        one book on Amazon by Ralph Woodrow (at least I think that's his name). Any
        recommendations? >>

        Gregory Boyd has an excellent appendix on this question in his book _Oneness
        Pentecostals and the Trinity_ (Baker). You should also look at the better
        commentaries on 1 Corinthians 11 (e.g., Fee, Thiselton, Garland).

        In Christ's service,

        Robert M. Bowman, Jr.
        Center for Biblical Apologetics
        Online: http://www.biblicalapologetics.net
      • Jeremiah Gooch
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 12, 2004
          Rob,

          Thanks for the reply.  I'll look into these.

          God bless,
          Jeremiah