Re: [biblicalapologetics] Re: The GC to the Apostles only?

    Message 1 of 96 , Sep 11, 2009

      Won't happen for reasons expressed in Scripture.

      ASV Daniel 2:44 And in the days of those kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed, nor shall the sovereignty thereof be left to another people; but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

      ASV Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in by the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many are they that enter in thereby.14 For narrow is the gate, and straitened the way, that leadeth unto life, and few are they that find it.

      The Nations are Satan's efforts to subvert God's will and the Kingdom by Christ is God's response.

      Message 96 of 96 , Oct 26, 2009

        Religion is not science. Nobody could have "corrected" the Bishop of Rome. The most one can do really is to propose or argue a different "opinion" on certain subject, like the canonicity of certain writings from that expressed by the Pope, or on the Pope's stand on certain "unsettled" church issues. Of course, one can expose abuses by Popes, as did Luther on the sellling of iidulgences. But that did not happen in the first 1000 years of the Catholic Church.

        In the Service of the Lay People of God.