Vatican: After decline, number of priests rises slowly

  • Heinz Schmitz
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2009
      VATICAN CITY (AP) — The Vatican says the number of priests worldwide
      is slowly but steadily rising.

      The Holy See presented its yearbook filled with statistics to Pope
      Benedict XVI on Saturday.

      Since 2000, the number of priests has gone up by several hundred each
      year. The two decades before that had witnessed a marked decline.

      The percentage of Catholics worldwide remains stable, at about 17.3%.

      In 2007, the last year statistics were available, Catholics numbered
      some 1.147 billion around the globe.

      http://tinyurl.com/cs4rfc
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2009
        Heinz,

        I haven't paid adequate attention to this group lately, but this post
        clearly has nothing whatsoever to do with the group's stated purpose.

        Please confine your posts to topics directly related to the
        description given on the group's home page. Thank you.

        --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, "Heinz Schmitz"
        <christian_skeptic@...> wrote:

        > VATICAN CITY (AP) — The Vatican says the number of priests worldwide
        > is slowly but steadily rising.
        >
        > The Holy See presented its yearbook filled with statistics to Pope
        > Benedict XVI on Saturday.
        >
        > Since 2000, the number of priests has gone up by several hundred
        each
        > year. The two decades before that had witnessed a marked decline.
        >
        > The percentage of Catholics worldwide remains stable, at about
        17.3%.

        > In 2007, the last year statistics were available, Catholics numbered
        > some 1.147 billion around the globe.
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/cs4rfc

      • Heinz Schmitz
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2009
          I realize that, but it is clearly better than no posts at all.
          Heinz

          --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, "Robert M. Bowman, Jr."