Biblical Worldview

  • Heinz Schmitz
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 31, 2008
      --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, "Robert M. Bowman, Jr."
      <faithhasitsreasons@...> wrote:

      > Heinz,
      >
      > As far as I'm concerned, your argument has run aground. You are
      > reduced to complaining about uninformed young people who roam the
      > Internet and making the facile claim that anyone who believes in
      > supernatural beings is ignorant and gullible. I'm ready to spend my
      > time responding to more serious efforts to engage the biblical
      > worldview.

      Many, if not most of the Christians I mentioned are not "young people"
      but parents and other adults, but let's move on. You mentioned the
      "the biblical worldview." I googled "Biblical Worldview" and on the
      first page I got this from
      http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/wow/what-is-biblical-worldview

      "This chapter will outline the major events of the past (and even the
      future)—the "7 C's of History"—that are foundational to the Bible's
      important message and demonstrate how the Bible connects to the real
      world....God created the heavens, the earth and all that is in them in
      six normal-length days around 6,000 years ago. His completed creation
      was "very good" (Genesis 1:31), and all the original animals
      (including dinosaurs) and the first two humans (Adam and Eve) ate only
      plants (Genesis 1:29–30)."

      This, according to AIG is the Biblical Worldview. But, chances are,
      you and many other Christians on this board right at the outset
      disagree with this worldview, and this is the problem with talking
      about the biblical worldview, as there is no one biblical worldview,
      but many biblical worldviewS, yet another problem with your religion.
      Heinz