Re: [biblicalapologetics] Re: "The Narrow and Wide Paths" by Joseph Y. Lee

  • Harry McFarland
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 14, 2008
      Kudos to you.

      On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 5:19 AM, Robert M. Bowman, Jr. <faithhasitsreasons@...> wrote:

      Harry:

      I have removed Joseph from the list. We had this same problem in the
      past.

      Executive Director
      Institute for Religious Research
      Online: http://www.irr.org
      Blog: http://www.religiousresearcher.org/blog

      --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, "Harry McFarland"
      <mcfarland.harry@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > >

      > > I was very hurt, as well as humbled. I thought that
      > > my greatest friends were my GPA, test scores, and
      > > professors' recommendations until I met Jesus Christ.
      > > Jesus Christ became my best friend and He loved me
      > > so much that He gave His life for me.
      > >

      > > You are My friends if you do what I [Jesus] command.
      > > I no longer call you servants, because a servant does
      > > not know his master's business. Instead, I have
      > > called you friends, for everything that I have
      > > learned from My Father I have made known to you.
      > > John 15:14-15
      > >

      > > There are many stories of mothers dying while giving
      > > birth to their children. There are also many stories
      > > of men dying for their comrades in a war by throwing
      > > their bodies on top of a grenade. However, Jesus died
      > > for sinners like myself, for strangers like myself,
      > > and for the rest of us, who are chosen. He did it
      > > because He loves all of us as His friends. Grades
      > > and academics cannot love you nor I. Only the Lord
      > > can do that. I depended so much on my happiness on
      > > school that I became miserable when I was not doing
      > > well. At Berkeley, I was alone and did not have many
      > > friends. I used to believe that school was far more
      > > important than family, friends, people, and my own
      > > life. I almost wanted to use some illegal drugs so
      > > that I could enhance my school performance. When I
      > > was at the bottom of my life, I finally accepted
      > > Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior during a church
      > > retreat at the mountains of Santa Cruz. I gave my
      > > testimony about my bitter life telling every brother
      > > in a circle that I study a lot and that my parents
      > > were disappointed in me when I did not make it to
      > > MIT or Harvard. After we left the circle, I talked
      > > to my pastor outside in the dark and cried on his
      > > shoulders during one Saturday night on October 20,
      > > 1990, and he comforted me.
      > >

      > > After I accepted Jesus Christ, I finally gave up my
      > > pride. I really wanted to share my faith with Tony
      > > and I realized that it was too late. Tony killed
      > > himself by jumping off the Holiday Inn Hotel at
      > > Emeryville, California. To this day, I do not know
      > > why he did it. All I know is that if I had not
      > > accepted Christ, I would have taken my own life.
      > > Tony and I took two different paths in our lives.
      > > God helped me choose the narrow path while Tony
      > > chose the wide and easy path.
      > >

      > > "Enter the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and
      > > broad is the way that leads to destruction, and
      > > there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is
      > > the gate and difficult is the way which leads to
      > > life, and there are few who find it." Matthew
      > > 7:13-14 (NKJV)
      > >

      > > So I hated life, because the work that is done under
      > > the sun was grievous to me. All of it is meaningless,
      > > a chasing after the wind. Ecclesiastes 2:17
      > >

      > > Copyright - CHEMISTRY (CHristian E-mail MIniSTRY)
      > > E-mail: JosephYLee@...
      > > Website - http://www.josephylee.org

      > > AOL Search: Your one stop for directions, recipes and all other
      Holiday
      > > needs. Search
      Now<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212792382x1200798498/aol?
      redir=http://searchblog.aol.com/2008/11/04/happy-holidays-from-aol-