Re: [biblicalapologetics] Is belief in the Trinity necessary to salvation?

  • Dave Wave
    Message 1 of 46 , Apr 5, 2008
      --- Daniel Eaton <danieleaton@...> wrote:

      > Personally, I would not want to say that a belief in
      > the trinity was a
      > requirement for salvation. Even if you wanted to
      > limit that statement to
      > New Testament times and exclude Old Testament saints
      > and heroes from that,
      > you don't find the doctrine of the trinity fully
      > articulated in our current
      > understanding of it for centuries. Are we going to
      > say that all those early
      > church fathers and believers in Christ were not
      > saved because their
      > understanding of the trinity and all it entails was
      > still evolving to the
      > position we hold today? I'm not going to go that
      > far.
      > D.

      Steve is quick to label [almost] anything that
      disagrees with his interpretation of the bible as
      proof that the disagreeer is not a true Christian.

      I wonder what he has to say about Trinitarians who
      agree with bible skeptics like me, on the point that
      neither Jesus nor Paul ever regarded the Trinity
      doctrine as mandatory for salvation. Does this
      "prove" that all such trinitarians are fake
      Christians?

      I wonder when was the last time Steve held an
      unbiblical viewpoint on anything. Probably never,
      impossible.
    • James
      Message 46 of 46 , Apr 7, 2008
        Hello Robert M. Bowman, Jr et al;

        Therefore I will not be responding to any more posts until Mr Bowman
        allows the discussion to continue. I would welcome any off-list
        discussion if anyone so chooses.

        Regards in His Name;
        James Kirby