Re: [biblicalapologetics] Is belief in the Trinity necessary to salvation?

  • Daniel Eaton
    Message 1 of 46 , Apr 5, 2008
      Personally, I would not want to say that a belief in the trinity was a requirement for salvation.  Even if you wanted to limit that statement to New Testament times and exclude Old Testament saints and heroes from that, you don't find the doctrine of the trinity fully articulated in our current understanding of it for centuries.  Are we going to say that all those early church fathers and believers in Christ were not saved because their understanding of the trinity and all it entails was still evolving to the position we hold today?  I'm not going to go that far.
      D.
    • James
      Message 46 of 46 , Apr 7, 2008
        Hello Robert M. Bowman, Jr et al;

        Therefore I will not be responding to any more posts until Mr Bowman
        allows the discussion to continue. I would welcome any off-list
        discussion if anyone so chooses.

        Regards in His Name;
        James Kirby