Thoughts for the Righteous (that means you) to keep in mind

  • wglmp
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2007
      Something to keep in the back of your mind, (or print out the short
      list of topics and Bible citations and keep in that your wallet or
      pocketbook).

      God IS (NR) Deut 4:32-39
      God is ONE Deut 6:4
      Judge Ps 58:12; 98:14
      Just Isa 45:21
      Merciful Joel 2:13
      Not A Man Num 23:14; Hosea 11:9
      Does Not Change Mal 3:6
      Covenant Gen 9:21; Exodus 19-24
      Required Micah 6:8 IBMTISACJ, 613
      Possible Deut 30:11-14; Gen 4:6-7
      Jews + Gen keep Eccl 12:13-14
      Sodom & Gomorrah; Jonah
      Evil Inclination Gen 4:6-7
      Call Ps 51:15; 145:18
      Confess Nu 22
      Return Ezek 18
      [See below for most of these passages.]

      Here's what the above list is to remind you of:
      God IS (NR) Deut 4:32-39 - God is; that is, God exists. The evidence
      for that is found in the Book of Deuteronomy in chapter 4, where it
      speaks of National Revelation, a proof that God exists, and that the
      Torah is true, by means of an historical fact that is such a
      compelling argument that, if any other religion could use it, they
      would have.
      God is ONE Deut 6:4 - There is One God, and no other.
      Judge Ps 58:12; 98:14 - God is the True Judge. He kn ows what we do,
      and what we are supposed to do.
      Just Isa 45:21 - God is Just; He will Jusge us according to our
      deeds.
      Merciful Joel 2:13 - God is Merciful.
      Not A Man Num 23:14; Hosea 11:9 - God is not a man. A =/= B, so B=/=
      A. No man is God. Any man who claims, or about whom is it claimed by
      others, that he is (a) god, that is a lie.
      Does Not Change Mal 3:6 - God is unchanging.
      Covenant Gen 9:21 Exodus 19-24 - God has made 2 covenants with all
      mankind, one with Noach, one with all Israel.
      Required Micah 6:8 IBMTISACJ 613 - Idolatry, Blasphemy, Murder,
      Theft, Illicit Sex, Animal Cruelty, Justice; Taryag (613) Mitzvot
      Possible - Deut 30:11-14; Gen 4:6-7 - It is possible to keep your
      respective covenants, the evil inclination can and should be
      overpowered through self-dicipline.
      Jews + Gen keep Eccl 12:13-14 - Both Jews and Gentiles must keep
      their respective covenants.
      Sodom & Gomorrah; Jonah - Sodom & Gomorrah were distroyed, and Jonhs
      was sent to Ninevah, all Gentile communities, because those com
      munities had breached the Gentile (Noachide) Covenant. The diaspora
      is Israel's punishment, and yet Israel's survival proves that the
      Mosaic Covenant is still in effect.
      Evil Inclination Gen 4:6-7 - Why do we sin? Because we have an evil
      inclination, yet we may overcome it.
      What do we do if/when we sin? Is all lost?
      Call Ps 51:15; 145:18 - We should call upon God. God is near to all
      (Jew and Gentile) who call upon him in sincerity.
      Confess Nu 22 - We should confess our sins to God.
      Return Ezek 18 - We should return to the path the Lord gave us to
      follow.
      Forgiveness Isa 43 - If we do the above, God will forgive. (He may
      still require we pay for our sins, but they will be forgiven.)
      Righteous Proverb 24:16 - Who is a righteous man? He who falls, and
      gets back up to try again, even if it takes him several attempts.
      That God tells us ther were righteous people shows that it is
      possible for us to be righteous.
      Learn from Jews Zech 8:23 - We should leard from the Jews.
      Follow their advice Deut 17:8ff - We should follow their advice.
      Not Gentiles Isa 52, 53; Jer 16:19 - We cannot trust the advice of
      Gentiles, even their "holy men" for they have inherited lies.

      The above Biblical passages.
      God IS (NR) Deut 4:32-39 32. For ask now regarding the early days
      that were before you, since the day that God created man upon the
      earth, and from one end of the heavens to the other end of the
      heavens, whether there was anything like this great thing, or was the
      likes of it heard? 33. Did ever a people hear God's voice speaking
      out of the midst of the fire as you have heard, and live? 34. Or has
      any god performed miracles to come and take him a nation from the
      midst of a[nother] nation, with trials, with signs, and with wonders,
      and with war and with a strong hand, and with an outstretched arm,
      and with great awesome deeds, as all that the Lord your God did for
      you in Egypt before your eyes? 35. You have been shown, in order to
      know that the Lord He is God; there is none else besides Him. 36.
      From the heavens, He let you hear His voice to instruct you, and upon
      the earth He showed you His great fire, and you heard His words out
      of the midst of the fire, 37. and because He loved your forefathers
      and chose their seed after them, and He brought you out of Egypt
      before Him with His great strength, 38. to drive out from before you
      nations greater and stronger than you, to bring you and give you
      their land for an inheritance, as this day. 39. And you shall know
      this day and consider it in your heart, that the Lord He is God in
      heaven above, and upon the earth below; there is none else.

      God is ONE Deut 6:4 4. Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God; the Lord
      is one.

      Judge Ps 58:12 12. And man will say, "Truly, the righteous man has
      reward; truly there is a God Who judges on earth."
      98:9 9. Before the Lord, for He has come to judge the earth; He will
      judge the inhabited world justly and the peoples with equity.

      Just Isa 45:21 21. Declare and present, let them even take counsel
      together; who announced this from before, [who] declared it from
      then? Is it not I, the Lord, and there are no other gods besides Me,
      a just and saving God there is not besides Me.

      Merciful Joel 2:13 13. And rend your hearts and not your garments,
      and return to the Lord your God, for He is gracious and merciful,
      slow to anger, and of great kindness, and He repents of the evil.

      Not A Man Num 23:14 19. God is not a man that He should lie, nor is
      He a mortal that He should relent. Would He say and not do, speak and
      not fulfill?
      Hosea 11:9 9. I will not execute the kindling of My anger, I will not
      return to destroy Ephraim, for I am God and not a man. In your midst
      is the Holy One, and I will not enter a city.

      Does Not Change Mal 3:6 6. For I, the Lord, have not changed; and
      you, the sons of Jacob, have not reached the end.

      Covenant Gen 9:1-9 1. And God blessed Noah and his sons, and He said
      to them: "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth. 2. And your
      fear and your dread shall be upon all the beasts of the earth and
      upon all the fowl of the heaven; upon everything that creeps upon the
      ground and upon all the fish of the sea, [for] they have been given
      into your hand[s]. 3. Every moving thing that lives shall be yours to
      eat; like the green vegetation, I have given you everything. 4. But,
      flesh with its soul, its blood, you shall not eat. 5. But your blood,
      of your souls, I will demand [an account]; from the hand of every
      beast I will demand it, and from the hand of man, from the hand of
      each man, his brother, I will demand the soul of man. 6. Whoever
      sheds the blood of man through man shall his blood be shed, for in
      the image of God He made man. 7. And you, be fruitful and multiply;
      swarm upon the earth and multiply thereon." 8. And God said to Noah
      and to his sons with him, saying: 9. "And I, behold I am setting up
      My covenant with you and with your seed after you.

      Exodus 19-24 Too long to copy here.

      Required Micah 6:8 8. He has told you, O man, what is good, and what
      the Lord demands of you; but to do justice

      Possible Deut 30:11-14; 11. For this commandment which I command you
      this day, is not concealed from you, nor is it far away. 12. It is
      not in heaven, that you should say, "Who will go up to heaven for us
      and fetch it for us, to tell [it] to us, so that we can fulfill it?"
      13. Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, "Who will cross to
      the other side of the sea for us and fetch it for us, to tell [it] to
      us, so that we can fulfill it?" 14. Rather,[this] thing is very close
      to you; it is in your mouth and in your heart, so that you can
      fulfill it.

      Gen 4:6-7 6. And the Lord said to Cain, "Why are you annoyed, and why
      has your countenance fallen? 7. Is it not so that if you improve, it
      will be forgiven you? If you do not improve, however, at the
      entrance, sin is lying, and to you is its longing, but you can rule
      over it."

      Jews + Gen keep Eccl 12:13-14 13. The end of the matter, everything
      having been heard, fear God and keep His commandments, for this is
      the entire man. 14. For every deed God will bring to judgment-for
      every hidden thing, whether good or bad.

      Sodom & Gomorrah From Genesis 18 & 19 which are too long to copy here.
      Jonah The entire book, which is too long to copy here.

      Evil Inclination Gen 4:6-7 6. And the Lord said to Cain, "Why are you
      annoyed, and why has your countenance fallen? 7. Is it not so that if
      you improve, it will be forgiven you? If you do not improve, however,
      at the entrance, sin is lying, and to you is its longing, but you can
      rule over it."

      Call Ps 51:15; 15. I will teach transgressors Your ways, and sinners
      will return to You.
      145:18 18. The Lord is near to all who call Him, to all who call Him
      with sincerity.

      Confess Nu 22 Too long to copy here.

      Return Ezek 18 Too long to copy here.
    • wglmp
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2007
        --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, "wglmp" <mtillman@...>
        wrote:

        > Something to keep in the back of your mind, (or print out the short
        > list of topics and Bible citations and keep in that your wallet or
        > pocketbook).
        >
        > God IS (NR) Deut 4:32-39
        > God is ONE Deut 6:4
        > Judge Ps 58:12; 98:14
        > Just Isa 45:21
        > Merciful Joel 2:13
        > Not A Man Num 23:14; Hosea 11:9
        > Does Not Change Mal 3:6
        > Covenant Gen 9:21; Exodus 19-24
        > Required Micah 6:8 IBMTISACJ, 613
        > Possible Deut 30:11-14; Gen 4:6-7
        > Jews + Gen keep Eccl 12:13-14
        > Sodom & Gomorrah; Jonah
        > Evil Inclination Gen 4:6-7
        > Call Ps 51:15; 145:18
        > Confess Nu 22
        > Return Ezek 18
        > [See below for most of these passages.]

        In going over that, I discovered several flaws, which I hope now to
        correct. As well, I have sought out the Bible citations, and
        reproduced most of them below.
        ___

        Something to keep in the back of your mind, (or print out the short
        list of topics and Bible citations and keep in that your wallet or
        pocketbook), for those times when you have just told the missionary
        (whom thinks himself "found" [1]), to "get lost."

        God IS (NR) Deut 4:32-39
        God is ONE Deut 6:4
        Judge Ps 58:12; 98:9
        Just Isa. 45:21
        Merciful Joel 2:13
        Not A Man Num 23:14; Hosea 11:9
        Does Not Change Mal 3:6
        Covenant Gen 9:1-9; Exodus 24:3-8
        Required Micah 6:8 IBMTISACJ / 613
        Possible Deut 30:11-14; Gen 4:6-7
        Jews + Gen keep Eccl 12:13-14
        Sodom & Gomorrah; Jonah
        Evil Inclination Gen 4:6-7
        Call Psalm 145:18; Deut 4:7
        Confess Maimonides. Teshuvah Chapter 1, Law 2
        Return Ezek 18
        Forgiveness Isa. 43
        Righteous Proverb 24:16
        Learn from Jews Zech 8:23; Ps 51:15
        Follow their advice Deut 17:8ff
        Not Gentiles Isa. 52, 53; Jer. 16:19

        Here's what the above list is to remind you of:
        God IS (NR) Deut 4:32-39 - God is; that is, God exists. The evidence
        for that is found in the Book of Deuteronomy in chapter 4, where it
        speaks of National Revelation, a proof that God exists, and that the
        Torah is true, by means of an historical fact that is such a
        compelling argument that, if any other religion could use it, they
        would have.
        God is ONE Deut 6:4 - There is One God, and no other.
        Judge Ps 58:12; 98:9 - God is the True Judge. He knows what we do,
        and what we are supposed to do.
        Just Isa. 45:21 - God is Just; He will Judge us according to our
        deeds.
        Merciful Joel 2:13 - God is Merciful.
        Not A Man Num 23:14; Hosea 11:9 - God is not a man. A =/= B, so B=/=
        A. No man is God. Any man who claims, or about whom is it claimed by
        others, that he is (a) god, that is a lie.
        Does Not Change Mal 3:6 - God is unchanging.
        Covenant Gen 9:1-9 Exodus 19-24 - God has made 2 covenants with all
        mankind, one with Noach, one with all Israel.
        Required Micah 6:8 IBMTISACJ / 613 - Idolatry, Blasphemy, Murder,
        Theft, Illicit Sex, Animal Cruelty, Justice; Taryag (613) Mitzvot
        Possible - Deut 30:11-14; Gen 4:6-7 - It is possible to keep your
        respective covenants, the evil inclination can and should be
        overpowered through self-discipline.
        Jews + Gen keep Eccl 12:13-14 - Both Jews and Gentiles must keep
        their respective covenants.
        Sodom & Gomorrah; Jonah - Sodom & Gomorrah were destroyed, and Jonah
        was sent to Nineveh, all Gentile communities, because those
        communities had breached the Gentile (Noachide) Covenant. The
        diaspora is Israel's punishment, and yet Israel's survival proves
        that the Mosaic Covenant is still in effect.
        Evil Inclination Gen 4:6-7 - Why do we sin? Because we have an evil
        inclination, yet we may overcome it.
        What do we do if/when we sin? Is all lost?
        Call Ps 51:15; 145:18 - We should call upon God. God is near to all
        (Jew and Gentile) who call upon him in sincerity.
        Confess Teshuvah, ch. 1, Law 2 - We should confess our sins to God.
        Maimonides (Teshuvah, ch. 1-2) holds that the more the sinner
        confesses at length the better, but gives as the basic form: "O God!
        I have sinned, I have committed iniquity, I have transgressed before
        Thee by doing such‑and‑such. Behold now I am sorry for what I have
        done and am ashamed and I shall never do it again."
        Return Ezek 18 - We should return to the path the Lord gave us to
        follow.
        Forgiveness Isa. 43 - If we do the above, God will forgive. (He may
        still require we pay for our sins, but they will be forgiven.)
        Righteous Proverb 24:16 - Who is a righteous man? He who falls, and
        gets back up to try again, even if it takes him several attempts.
        That God tells us there were righteous people shows that it is
        possible for us to be righteous.
        Learn from Jews Zech 8:23 - We should learn from the Jews.
[...]

        From the heavens, He let you hear His voice to instruct you, and upon
[...]

        Exodus 24:3-8 3. So Moses came and told the people all the words of
        the Lord and all the ordinances, and all the people answered in
        unison and said, "All the words that the Lord has spoken we will do."
        4. And Moses wrote all the words of the Lord, and he arose early in
        the morning and built an altar at the foot of the mountain and twelve
        monuments for the twelve tribes of Israel. 5. And he sent the youths
        of the children of Israel, and they offered up burnt offerings, and
        they slaughtered peace offerings to the Lord, bulls. 6. And Moses
        took half the blood and put it into the basins, and half the blood he
        cast onto the altar. 7. And he took the Book of the Covenant and read
        it within the hearing of the people, and they said, "All that the
        Lord spoke we will do and we will hear." 8. And Moses took the blood
        and sprinkled [it] on the people, and he said, "Behold the blood of
        the covenant, which the Lord has formed with you concerning these
        words."

        Required Micah 6:8 8. He has told you, O man, what is good, and what
        the Lord demands of you; but to do justice, to love loving-kindness,
        and to walk discreetly with your God.

[...]

        Call Psalm 145:18 18. The Lord is near to all who call Him, to all
        who call Him with sincerity.
        Deut. 4:7 7. For what great nation is there that has God so near to
        it, as the Lord our God is at all times that we call upon Him?

        Confess How does one confess? [He or she] says: 'Please God! I have
        intentionally sinned, I have sinned out of lust and emotion, and I
        have sinned unintentionally. I have done [such-and-such] and I regret
        it, and I am ashamed of my deeds, and I shall never return to such a
        deed.' That is the essence of confession, and all who are frequent in
        confessing and take great value in this matter, indeed is
        praiseworthy.
        Mishneh Torah: Hil. Teshuvah Chapter 1, Law 2

        Return Ezek 18 Too long to copy here.

        Forgiveness Isaiah 43 Too long to reprint here.

        Righteous Proverbs 24:16 16. For a righteous man can fall seven times
        and rise, but the wicked shall stumble upon evil.

        Learn from Jews Zech 8:23 23. So said the Lord of Hosts: In those
        days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take
        hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for
        we have heard that God is with you."
        Ps 51:15; 15. I will teach transgressors Your ways, and sinners will
        return to You.

        Follow their advice Deut 17:8-13 8. If a matter eludes you in
        judgment, between blood and blood, between judgment and judgment, or
        between lesion and lesion, words of dispute in your cities, then you
        shall rise and go up to the place the Lord, your God, chooses. 9. And
        you shall come to the Levitic kohanim and to the judge who will be in
        those days, and you shall inquire, and they will tell you the words
        of judgment. 10. And you shall do according to the word they tell
        you, from the place the Lord will choose, and you shall observe to do
        according to all they instruct you. 11. According to the law they
        instruct you and according to the judgment they say to you, you shall
        do; you shall not divert from the word they tell you, either right or
        left. 12. And the man who acts intentionally, not obeying the kohen
        who stands there to serve the Lord, your God, or to the judge that
        man shall die, and you shall abolish evil from Israel. 13. And all
        the people shall listen and fear, and they shall no longer act
        wantonly.

        Not that of the Gentiles Isa. 52, 53 For example, the Gentiles say of
        themselves, 53:6. "We all went astray like sheep, we have turned,
        each one on his way," while of Israel, God's servant the Gentiles
        say, "and the Lord accepted his prayers for the iniquity of all of
        us."
        Jer. 16:19 19. O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge
        in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the
        earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us,
        emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!