For those interested in Calvinism, Arminianism, etc.

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 20 7:27 PM
      All,

      Tonight I will be part of a panel discussion and live call-in Q&A
      session on the radio for two hours discussing the doctrines of
      predestination, election, and perseverance (in relation to what are
      called Calvinism and Arminianism). The program is called Living by
      the Word and airs on KKLA from 10 pm to Midnight tonight. If you are
      not in range of the radio signal you can listen live here:

      http://www.kkla.com

      Feel free to call in with your questions; the live call-in number is
      1-866-LIVE-BY-WORD.
    • Jeremiah Gooch
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 27, 2004
        Hi, Rob,

        Was this program archived?  I believe I remember looking on the site and not finding an "archive" section.  Thanks.

        -Jeremiah

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 28, 2004
          Jeremiah,

          The folks at Living by the Word said that they planned to make the entire
          series of programs on Calvinism, Lutheranism, and Arminianism available on
          CD. You can contact them about it through their web site,
          http://www.livebyword.org

          In Christ's service,

          Robert M. Bowman, Jr.
          Center for Biblical Apologetics
          Online: http://www.biblicalapologetics.net
        • Jimmy Sloan
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 28, 2004
            Mr. Bowman,

            I missed the show.  If I may ask, what is your view on the matter? Are you a five point Calvinist?  I seem to be in the middle; I just can't believe that we are predetermined (in the sense that Calvin taught) to either go to heaven or hell.  IMHO, the Bible teaches that Jesus died for the sins of the world, not just the elect.

            Regards,

            ~ J. Sloan

          • Daniel Cook
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 28, 2004
              Jimmy,

              With all due respect, is it not a matter of what scripture teaches - what God says, not what any of us can bring ourselves to believe or not believe? As Paul says

              "For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength" 1 Cor. 1:25 (NIV)

              "Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and
              hardens whom he wants to harden" Romans 9:18

              Dan Cook

              Jimmy Sloan <jimmysloan@...> wrote:
              Mr. Bowman,

              I missed the show.  If I may ask, what is your view on the matter? Are you a five point Calvinist?  I seem to be in the middle; I just can't believe that we are predetermined (in the sense that Calvin taught) to either go to heaven or hell.  IMHO, the Bible teaches that Jesus died for the sins of the world, not just the elect.

              Regards,

              ~ J. Sloan

            • Cynthia H.
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 28, 2004
                http://www.livebyword.org/archive.htm  The audio is there.  I even clicked on it and checked.

                This edition of Living by the Word

                The apologetics team continues their series comparing Arminianism and Calvinism!

                This edition of Living by the Word

                The apologetics team continues their series comparing Arminianism and Calvinism!

                This edition of Living by the Word

                The apologetics team continues their series comparing Arminianism and Calvinism!

                This edition of Living by the Word

                The apologetics team continues their series comparing Arminianism and Calvinism!

                This edition of Living by the Word

                the apologetics team returns to their series comparing Arminianism and Calvinism!

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 28, 2004
                    Hi, Rob,

                    Thanks for the reply.  This CD sounds like an interesting offer.  I'll certainly look into it.