Re: Science and Satan

    Message 1 of 13 , May 3, 2007
      Hi,

      Just a few observations that might be of interest to those of you
      participating or following this discussion.

      1. The article on Satan and science is actually entitled "Has Satan
      Hijacked Science?" and was written by LDS author John P. Pratt:

      http://www.meridianmagazine.com/sci_rel/051116science.html

      Pratt's LDS perspective comes out in various places (such as his
      reference to "temple marriage"). In general, though, I agree with
      his criticisms of materialism.

      2. A lot of the discussion turned to questions about the reality of
      Satan as a fallen, evil spirit being and whether this view is
      consistent with the Old Testament. I address this question in a
      forthcoming book, _Sense and Nonsense about Angels and Demons_, co-
      authored with Kenneth D. Boa (Zondervan, due out in June).

      3. On the question of whether Jesus is God, I have another book
      coming out this summer, co-authored with Ed Komoszewski, entitled
      _Putting Jesus in His Place: The Case for the Deity of Christ_
      (Kregel, due out in July).

    • Robert Nusom
      Message 2 of 13 , May 3, 2007
        I should be most interested in hearing what evidence
        you have with respect to a Christian view of Satan
        having a foundation in the Hebrew Scriptures. So far,
        I haven't found anyone who can substantiate such a
        view using the text as written without having to
        insert things that aren't there.

        Regardless, it would be great to see any aspect of
        Modern Christianity with a Scriptural foundation. I
        will look forward to both works. I truly am not being
        sarcastic here, I am simply stating the facts as I
        know them.

        Sincerely,

        Robert
        --- "Robert M. Bowman, Jr."