Re: [biblicalapologetics] FIRES THAT AMERICA CAN'T PUT OUT

  • Robert Nusom
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 27, 2006
      Interesting pictures Melody. I am not quite certain I
      get the point of posting this information to an
      apologetics website. Are you suspicious that this
      might be some sort of manifestation of Hell (Of
      Christian and Pagan fame)?

      --- melody_flannigan <melody_flannigan@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi, my name's Melody and I've just recently joined
      > the group. As a
      > matter of interest, I'm reading a copyrighted,
      > scientifically
      > documented article concerning an American city that
      > has been literally
      > burned off the map by an underground fire that has
      > burned continuously
      > for forty five years, which now threatens to do the
      > same to other
      > cities. This is not an imaginary fire, it was an
      > actual American
      > city. The story is told by using photos that show
      > the fire's
      > progression over the years, until finally, the
      > entire city is nothing
      > but a blazing inferno, an abyss that historians
      > describe as a burning
      > hell.
      >
      > This is the link I used to get the article I'm
      > referring to.
      >
      > http://www.really-bad-news.com/114606.html
      >
      > Melody_Flannigan@...
      >
      > Melody

      http://new.mail.yahoo.com
    • Louise
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 27, 2006

        Melody, could you please relate how this is supposed to tie in with the subject of Biblical Apologetics?  Is there a Biblical implication you are trying to point out?  If so, I'm not sure what the point of this article is.

        Louise

        --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, "melody_flannigan" <melody_flannigan@...> wrote:

        > Hi, my name's Melody and I've just recently joined the group. As a
        > matter of interest, I'm reading a copyrighted, scientifically
        > documented article concerning an American city that has been literally
        > burned off the map by an underground fire that has burned continuously
        > for forty five years, which now threatens to do the same to other
        > cities. This is not an imaginary fire, it was an actual American
        > city. The story is told by using photos that show the fire's
        > progression over the years, until finally, the entire city is nothing
        > but a blazing inferno, an abyss that historians describe as a burning
        > hell.
        >
        > This is the link I used to get the article I'm referring to.
        >
        > http://www.really-bad-news.com/114606.html
        >
        > Melody_Flannigan@...
        >
        > Melody

      • melody_flannigan
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 28, 2006
          Hi,
          The purposes of their newsletter is to eventually show it's all
          biblical.
          Melody

          --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, Robert Nusom
          <caliburndulac@...> wrote:

          > Interesting pictures Melody. I am not quite certain I
          > get the point of posting this information to an
          > apologetics website. Are you suspicious that this
          > might be some sort of manifestation of Hell (Of
          > Christian and Pagan fame)?
          >

          > --- melody_flannigan <melody_flannigan@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > Hi, my name's Melody and I've just recently joined
          > > the group. As a
          > > matter of interest, I'm reading a copyrighted,
          > > scientifically
          > > documented article concerning an American city that
          > > has been literally
          > > burned off the map by an underground fire that has
          > > burned continuously
          > > for forty five years, which now threatens to do the
          > > same to other
          > > cities. This is not an imaginary fire, it was an
          > > actual American
          > > city. The story is told by using photos that show
          > > the fire's
          > > progression over the years, until finally, the
          > > entire city is nothing
          > > but a blazing inferno, an abyss that historians
          > > describe as a burning
          > > hell.
          > >
          > > This is the link I used to get the article I'm
          > > referring to.
          > >
          > > http://www.really-bad-news.com/114606.html
          > >
          > > Melody_Flannigan@...
          > >
          > > Melody

          > http://new.mail.yahoo.com

        • Robert Nusom
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 28, 2006
            Melody,

            Then I await your ultimate explanation and thesis.

            Bob
            wrote:

            > Hi,
            > The purposes of their newsletter is to eventually
            > show it's all
            > biblical.
            > Melody
            >
            > --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, Robert
            > Nusom
            > <caliburndulac@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Interesting pictures Melody. I am not quite
            > certain I
            > > get the point of posting this information to an
            > > apologetics website. Are you suspicious that this
            > > might be some sort of manifestation of Hell (Of
            > > Christian and Pagan fame)?
            > >

            > > --- melody_flannigan <melody_flannigan@...>
            > > wrote:
            > >
            > > > Hi, my name's Melody and I've just recently
            > joined
            > > > the group. As a
            > > > matter of interest, I'm reading a copyrighted,
            > > > scientifically
            > > > documented article concerning an American city
            > that
            > > > has been literally
            > > > burned off the map by an underground fire that
            > has
            > > > burned continuously
            > > > for forty five years, which now threatens to do
            > the
            > > > same to other
            > > > cities. This is not an imaginary fire, it was
            > an
            > > > actual American
            > > > city. The story is told by using photos that
            > show
            > > > the fire's
            > > > progression over the years, until finally, the
            > > > entire city is nothing
            > > > but a blazing inferno, an abyss that historians
            > > > describe as a burning
            > > > hell.
            > > >
            > > > This is the link I used to get the article I'm
            > > > referring to.
            > > >
            > > > http://www.really-bad-news.com/114606.html
            > > >
            > > > Melody_Flannigan@...
            > > >
            > > > Melody

            > beta.
            > > http://new.mail.yahoo.com

            Yahoo! Music Unlimited
            Access over 1 million songs.
            http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited

            Want to start your own business?
            Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
            http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index
          • Louise
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 28, 2006
              You mean you are going to show us why a problem fire in an abandoned coal mine in Pennsylvania is Biblical?  The reason that this fire continues to burn is because coal is a flammable substance and there is a lot of coal underneath that ground.  Putting water down in there isn't the answer because there continues to be oxygen underneath the ground and fires need oxygen in order to survive.  An underground coal fire is probably the most difficult type of fire to extinguish.  But none of this has anything to do with a Biblical topic, unless you are trying to say that a man made underground coal mine is "hell" or something.  But I'd have to disagree with you on that one.

              Melody, unless you have something really Biblical to talk about or ask questions about, please refrain from posting these types of articles that have nothing to do with a Biblical topic.

              Louise
              Moderator

              wrote:

              > Interesting pictures Melody. I am not quite certain I
              > get the point of posting this information to an
              > apologetics website. Are you suspicious that this
              > might be some sort of manifestation of Hell (Of
              > Christian and Pagan fame)?
              >

              > --- melody_flannigan
              > wrote:
              >
              > > Hi, my name's Melody and I've just recently joined
              > > the group. As a
              > > matter of interest, I'm reading a copyrighted,
              > > scientifically
              > > documented article concerning an American city that
              > > has been literally
              > > burned off the map by an underground fire that has
              > > burned continuously
              > > for forty five years, which now threatens to do the
              > > same to other
              > > cities. This is not an imaginary fire, it was an
              > > actual American
              > > city. The story is told by using photos that show
              > > the fire's
              > > progression over the years, until finally, the
              > > entire city is nothing
              > > but a blazing inferno, an abyss that historians
              > > describe as a burning
              > > hell.
              > >
              > > This is the link I used to get the article I'm
              > > referring to.
              > >
              > > http://www.really-bad-news.com/114606.html
              > >
              > > Melody_Flannigan@...
              > >
              > > Melody

              > http://new.mail.yahoo.com

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:biblicalapologetics-digest@yahoogroups.com
              mailto:biblicalapologetics-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Dwmckie@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
                In a message dated 11/28/2006 9:35:13 PM Central Standard Time, mclouus@... writes:
                Melody, unless you have something really Biblical to talk about or ask questions about, please refrain from posting these types of articles that have nothing to do with a Biblical topic.
                Louise, I'm thinking that you will not get a reply from "Melody".  I've seen this very same thing on at least five different groups and forums, all the same content, same wording, same web link, but with different e-mail addys.  In other words, it's most likely spam.

                In His Service,

                David
              • Louise