Dave to Anna, private divine approval of abortion

  • Dave Wave
    Message 1 of 198 , Jan 8, 2006
      > What if a woman says god demonstrated his existence
      > to her just
      > before he ordered her to have an abortion?
      >
      > A: In the Exodus, God¡¦s existence wasn¡¦t just
      > shown to Moses.

      So? What makes you think that the way god did
      something in one instance, dictates how he would act
      in another? For example, Jesus said that making
      disciples was to be done by the original disciples
      teaching others. He mentions no visions of God
      period. Then along comes Saul of Tarsus in Acts 9,
      who has a vision of Jesus, and suddenly, you've got an
      apostle who thinks he is just as authoritative as
      Jesus' original disciples (2nd Corinthians 12:11).

      Does this example from the bible demonstrate that god
      is not bound to do one thing in the same way all the
      time? If so, then why would you automatically assume
      that the way god showed miracles to Moses (publicly),
      is necessarily the way he must show his will to a
      woman whom he might want to have an abortion
      (private)?

      > He
      > showed his existence to millions of people! Even the
      > Canaanites knew
      > what was coming¡K

      Which amounts to nothing, because after all, the
      distant past cannot be proven, as you yourself said,
      amen? Why then are you citing something that you
      already agree doesn't prove anything? Are you just an
      atheist acting stupid with me?

      Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      dsl.yahoo.com
    • Michael Hamblin
      Message 198 of 198 , Jan 28, 2006
        On Sat, 28 Jan 2006, Dave Wave wrote:

        > [snip wild handwaving, mouth foaming]

        Dave, it's quite simple: my observation is correct, and your argument is
        fallacious. There is no shame in correcting an honest mistake and moving
        on - some people might even see it as a sign of wisdom and maturity. But a
        proud and arrogant fool refuses correction.

        ---
        Michael Hamblin michaelh@...
        7815 McCallum Blvd Apt 17201 http://www.michaelh.com/
        Dallas, TX 75252-6801 Home Phone: 972-733-3357