7Re: Preterism

  • Robert Hommel
    Mar 6, 2004
      Hi, Rob,

      I agree! Well said.

      A few years ago, a friend of mine taught a class on Revelation at my
      church. He used Steve Gregg's _Revelation: Four Views, a Parallel
      Commentary_, which I found very helpful in delineating the
      historicist, preterist, futurist, and spiritual interpretations of
      Revelation (and by association, the predictions of Jesus in the
      Gospels).

      I personally am skeptical of full-blown preterism - too Euro-centric,
      IMHO. But seeing AD70 as a pivotal event in salvation history is
      certainly valid, and quite possibly necessary, if one regards Jesus'
      predictions as literal.

      Robert
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic