2932Re: Why do you believe in Christianity?

  • Rob
    Nov 14, 2010
      Daniel,

      The only good reason for believing in Christianity is because it's true. That is, we should believe in Christianity not because it's comforting, morally uplifting, etc., although these things may be so, but because we are convinced that it's true.

      Fundamentally, I find the evidence for two basic truth-claims of Christianity compelling:

      1. There is a Creator of the universe.
      2. Jesus of Nazareth, who claimed to represent the Creator, rose bodily from the grave.

      If these two statements are true, and I am convinced they are, then Christianity, in some form, must be true.

      I discuss the evidence for these two statements in a popular way in a book titled 20 Compelling Evidences that God Exists.

      --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel" <danieltjcook@...> wrote:

      > Indeed why not. I posted this question to get discussion going on this forum and to get people to think about reasons for believing in Christianity.
      >
      > --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, Arcee A <truthseeker41471@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Why not?
      > > God bless!
      > >

      > > Arcee
      > >

      > > "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because
      > > I see it, but because by it I see everything else." - C.S. Lewis

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic