284RE: Veils, jewelry, pants, etc.

  • Robert Bowman
    Aug 11, 2004
      Jeremiah,

      You wrote:

      << Does anyone have any recommended books or online articles on the topic of
      women's adornment and things along those lines? Some Christians use certain
      passages to support their view that it is wrong for a woman to wear jewelry,
      makeup etc. (e.g., 1Cor11)
      Personally, I believe these are minor issues. But I'm also looking for
      thorough, detailed explanations and commentary of these passages. I found
      one book on Amazon by Ralph Woodrow (at least I think that's his name). Any
      recommendations? >>

      Gregory Boyd has an excellent appendix on this question in his book _Oneness
      Pentecostals and the Trinity_ (Baker). You should also look at the better
      commentaries on 1 Corinthians 11 (e.g., Fee, Thiselton, Garland).

      In Christ's service,

      Robert M. Bowman, Jr.
      Center for Biblical Apologetics
      Online: http://www.biblicalapologetics.net