2835One God and the Trinity

  • Isa
    Apr 2, 2010
      Bill:

      To put things in definite perspective allow me to state that I am proposing a theology purely based on the Bible and what reasons and/or reasonable Biblical faith allows me to draw from its revelations. Philosophies and non-Biblical theologies, hence "various metaphysical terms," are not my concern except insofar as the Bible points to them such as the terms: God as Infinite Mind, Infinite Intellect, and Infinite Spirit

      Now, to my responses to your comments.

      You wrote:

      I see one HUGE error in your logic. You consider God to be infinite, which is fine. This makes creation to be pantheistic (or possibly panentheistic for those who see a distinction) in nature, as by definition an infinite God cannot have anything excluded from Himself, including creation.

      My response:
      That God is INFINITE is not my own statement. The Bible points, in no uncertain terms, that the One God is INFINITE. And I have shown this by presenting as many Biblical verses as possible. Now, is the Bible teaching pantheism? That is a question of metaphysics and not a Biblical question. I will hold my opinion at this time. But here is the International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia on the Infinity of God:

      "Universally Implied: While, however, the term is not found, the truth that God is infinite, not only in His understanding, but in His being and all His perfections, natural and moral, is one that pervades all Scripture. It could not be otherwise, if God was unoriginated, exalted above all limits of time, space and creaturehood, and dependent only on Himself. The Biblical writers, certainly, are far from thinking in metaphysical categories, or using such terms as "self-existence," "absoluteness," "unconditioned" yet the ideas for which these terms stand were all of them attributed in their conceptions to God. They did not, e.g. conceive of God as having been born, or as having a beginning, as the Babylonian and Greek gods had, but thought of Him as the ever-existing One (Ps 90:1-2), and free Creator and Disposer of all that exists. This means that God has self-existence, and for the same reason that He is not bound by His own creation. He must be thought of as raised above all creaturely limits, that is, as infinite."

      You wrote:
      However, you conclude your argument with the statement "It should also bring into focus the unquestioned monotheism of Christianity". Monotheism and Pantheism are diametrically opposed to each other. Monotheism MUST have a finite God as it requires a creation that is separate from God.

      My response:
      The Oneness of an Infinite God requires that some "Finite Entity(ies)," having the fulness of God, serve as "vehicle(s) or instrument(s)" of His revelations to His finite creations, otherwise He will remain forever unknown and subject to speculations - such as being a "god" that demands sacrifice of human blood and human life. This is the "MUST" of the Monotheism of an Infinite God. Thus, the Holy TRINITY, as the One Infinite God's revelation of His PERSON serves that purpose.

      You wrote:

      Now I could go through and point out other potential errors, however even without looking at other issues, this one issue sinks your whole argument unless you revise it.

      My response:
      If we limit ourselves to the OT, we are doomed to conclude that "God is Finite," that this "Finite God" named Yahweh is the God of the whole earth, and that the nation Israel alone is His people empowered to execute His Will and to whom all Gentile nations on earth must submit.

      Zionist Jews today live by this tenet and look forward and commit their resources towards this end. The New Testament, however, repudiated that expectation once and for all. That is the reason why Zionist Jews hate Jesus and Paul intensely. Some in Israel now are even forcefully collecting/confiscating books of the New Testament and burning them!

      The reality is that Yahweh and the Resurrected/Glorified Jesus are One and the Same Person - the Second Person of the Trinity, the Word of God, the Christ Spirit in human form as Jesus of Nazareth promised to David - all revelations of the One Infinite God. The proofs are the Biblical verses below:

      The "Finite God of Israel, Yahweh, declares:

      Isa 44:6: "This is what the Lord says — Israel's King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty: `I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.'"

      Isa 48:12-13: "Listen to me, O Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last. 13 My own hand laid the foundations of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens;
      when I summon them, they all stand up together."

      The "Finite God" Jesus, raised from the dead, ascended to heaven, and glorified by the One Infinite God through the "Finite God - God the Father" declares:

      Rv 1:17-18: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades."

      Rv 2:8: To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: "These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again."

      Rv 22:12-13: "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

      Now, the final support for my thesis that the One Infinite God alone is the One True God is contained in the following verses that declares a time "WHEN GOD WILL BE ALL IN ALLl."

      1 Co 15:20-28: But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

      I believe that the NEW understanding of the "One God and the Trinity" revealed in my paper is the KEY that will open the door to the NEXT STAGE OF CHRISTIANITY when "THE ONE INFINITE GOD WILL BE ALL IN ALL."

      I believe also that I could not have arrived at this revelation via reason and sustained research efforts without the leading of the Holy Spirit. Glory indeed be to the One Infinite God, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit!

      May God bless us all

      Isa
      In Service to the :Lay People of God.

      --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, William Mayor <eliadefollower@...> wrote:

      > Isa,
      >
      > I see one HUGE error in your logic.  You consider God to be infinite, which is fine.  This makes creation to be pantheistic (or possibly panentheistic for those who see a distinction) in nature, as by definition an infinite God cannot have anything excluded from Himself, including creation.  However, you conclude your argument with the statement "It should also bring into focus the unquestioned monotheism of Christianity".  Monotheism and Pantheism are diametrically opposed to each other.  Monotheism MUST have a finite God as it requires a creation that is separate from God.
      >
      > Now I could go through and point out other potential errors, however even without looking at other issues, this one issue sinks your whole argument unless you revise it.
      >
      > Bill

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic