2396Re: Ayn Rand on Original Sin

  • Heinz Schmitz
    Jul 2, 2009
      --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Bywater" <kevinbywater@...> wrote:

      > --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, "Heinz Schmitz" <christian_skeptic@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am not talking of her complete objectivist worldview, I am talking of her one view about original sin, of which she is dead on.
      > > Heinz
      > >

      > Actually, Rand is not correct. Perhaps you could find some Christians so have said some things that somewhat resemble Rand's caricature. If that satisfies you, then so be it.

      Reply: Again, everyone here says she is wrong, but no one is willing to point out where she is wrong. I realize that Christians have woven an intricate defense around OS, but once you strip it of all this, what you are left with is Rand's definition.

      > I know you were not advocating for "objectivism." I just felt that given the constellation of ethics and virtue and responsibility and such, one should keep in mind the fundamental and fatal flaws of Randian philosophy, as well as how these flaws color her assessment of others.

      Reply: Everyone wants to state that she has flaws, but again, no one wants to articulate what those flaws are. On the other hand, I am not completely comfortable with objectivism myself, but it is an interesting, and often misunderstood philosophy. I have been watching interviews on youtube with Rand, she has a wonderful and beautiful mind, and she spends a lot of time correcting the misinterpretations of her philosophy by others. It seems cold and cruel on the surface, much like Libertarianism, but once you start digging you come to realize that your own self-interest benefits others.
      Heinz
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic