2378Re: [biblicalapologetics] Re: Ayn Rand on Original Sin

  • Michael Hamblin
    Jul 1, 2009
      On Wed, 1 Jul 2009, Kevin Bywater wrote:

      > Actually, Heinz, Rand characteristically distorts her opponents'
      > position and fails to admit the fatal weaknesses in her own worldview.
      > Here's a link to an essay written some years back, an essay presenting a
      > preliminary critique of Rand's ethics.

      Kevin is correct... Rand defines Original Sin in a way that makes it easy
      to refute, but not in a way that anyone actually holds to. IOW, Rand
      convincingly and with great rhetorical zeal refutes a straw man.

      Just for good measure I dug out one of my old papers on Original Sin, and
      none of the views I found then matched Rand. Rand's argument would seem
      very compelling if I had no knowledge of Christian theology... it might
      even convince me to be an Objectivist again.

      I was going to post a response but Kevin beat me to it... I was too busy
      playing EVE Online... sorry :) Space capitalism is a lot more fun than
      watching the United States being nationalized.

      ---
      Michael Hamblin michaelh@...
      6350 Keller Springs Rd. APT 1321 http://www.evangelicalresources.org/
      Dallas, TX 75248 Home Phone: 972-733-0737
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic