1924Re: Identifying a Cult?

  • wglmp
    Feb 15, 2008
      In the other forum, one person supposed (before looking it up) that
      the word "cult" was linked to "occult." Someone else DID look it up,
      and said it's not. The mental association of cult with occult,
      however, may be at work in the bad taste the word "cult" seems to
      have to many people.

      --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, Harold Cerula
      <haroldcerula@...> wrote:

      > It is necessary to first define "cult."
      >
      > Paul Leonard <anotherpaul2001@...> wrote: Yep, that is the
      problem. It is why I do not use the word at all. Rather than being
      used properly today it is used as a pejorative.

      > kevinstubbings <low.rate.fast.closing@...> wrote: An
      interesting idea: so that means that you identifying the identifier
      > means you are identified. figuritivelly speaking of course...
      >
      > --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, Paul Leonard
      > <anotherpaul2001@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I find that the cult is usually the one calling someone else
      a "cult."

      > > wglmp <mtillman@> wrote:
      > >
      > > B) Is there another 'sign' of a 'cult' on the above that YOU find
      > > questionable?
      > >
      > > M Tillman

      Try it now.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic