1852Re: God incarnate

    Jan 11, 2008
      Mr. Tillman,

      I don't think Jesus was Michael the archangel. However, Paul, who is
      a Jehovah's Witness, does think this.

      Ecclesiastes 4:8? What version are you reading?

      Jesus is not *another* God, or a God "beside" the LORD. Again, if
      that is anyone's theology here, it would be Paul's theology, not mine
      (although Paul doesn't see it that way).

      --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, <mtillman@...> wrote:

      > You said you could have asked "When did Jesus know that he was
      formerly Michael the archangel?"
      > Do you mean to say that you think Jesus WAS Micharl the archangel?
      Or are you simply saying you could have asked a whole series of non-
      sensical questions, such as "When did Jesus know that he was formerly
      Michael the archangel?" is?
      > There are several reasons I think "When did Jesus know that he was
      formerly Michael the archangel?" _is_ non-sensical, in part because
      of the implication that Jesus was "God incarnate," which means he
      CAN'T also have been formerly Michael the archangel.
      > You also asked if Jesus was the first creature God created, but if
      he was created, how could he also be "equally God with the Father"?
      Can a god be created?
      > How would you conform this all with the Biblical verses where God
      said He does not have a son, and that there is no god beside Him?
      Eccl. 4:8, for example.

      > ---- "Robert M. Bowman wrote:
      > > Paul,
      > >
      > > You wrote:
      > >
      > > << Your answer speaks of his knowing when he was "Gods Son", in a
      > > unique way and I agree with his knowing such by his baptism at
      the
      > > latest. However that is not really the question.
      > >
      > > When did he know he was "God incarnate", which is different
      thing?

      > > That is the specific point being inquired about. >>
      > >
      > > Ah, well, that's the issue, isn't it? When you say that Jesus
      > > is "God's Son," you mean that he is the first creature that God
      made;
      > > when I say that Jesus is "God's Son," I mean that he is the
      eternal,
      > > infinite, divine Son, equally God with the Father.
      > >
      > > I could ask you similarly specific questions, such as, When did
      Jesus
      > > know that he was formerly Michael the archangel? Or, When did
      Jesus
      > > know that he had been created as the first and greatest of God's
      > > spirit sons?
      > >
      > > You asked:
      > >
      > > << As a side point; When do wee find him clearly speaking of
      this? >>

      > > See above.
      > >
      > > In Christ's service,
      > > Rob Bowman