1841Re: Find the flaw in logic.

  • wglmp
    Jan 2 10:28 PM
      --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, Todd Tornow
      <tetornow@...> wrote:

      > I would like some input on how to get around this one. I have some
      ideas. But I would like some other input. * Christians are people who
      have accepted the holy spirit in to their hearts, souls, and selves;
      > by accepting the holy spirit they have accepted jesus into their
      selves:
      > By accepting jesus into their selves they have accepted god into
      their selves;
      > sin does not exist in the presence of god;
      > god is in all Christians;
      > all the above being true christians can not sin.
      > Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary!
      > http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_wlhmtextlink1_dec

      I can't speak to the rest of it yet, because this popped out at me
      first, and I need to address it before I consider any other problems
      in that train of thought.
      You said, "sin does not exist in the presence of god". This is a
      false statement. God is everywhere, therefore, wherever there is sin,
      God is there as well. To say that sin does not exist in the presence
      of God is to limit God by claiming God isn't everywhere.
      I do not believe in a Hell as in a place of outer darkness and
      separation from God, because it implies that God is not always
      everywhere.
      Being always everywhere is the very definition of Omnipresence.
      God is Omnipresent.
      Therefore, there is no place where God is not.
      There _IS_ a place for the punishment of the unrighteous after theiur
      deaths. It is a place of torment that SEEMS (but is NOT) unending. It
      is NOT a place to be avoided, but it IS a condition to avoid once one
      goes to that place.
      That place is the very Presence of God.
      There can be no greater punishment for a soul than to be in the
      Presence and finally come to realize that all his/her "excuses" for
      sin are folly and vanity and foolishness. The Jews say that a person
      dfoes not sin except he goes a little insane. The definition of
      insanity is believing the untrue to be true, or the true to be
      untrue. God is Omniscient, so God knows every thought and every
      action of youe life. God knows that you assumed, or kidded yourself
      into thinking that nobody caught you taking that cookie from the
      cookie jar (or whatever that cookie represents in your particular
      life, whether is that extra dime in change the teller gave you but
      that you didn't return or whatever.) When you die, you go to the
      presence of God without the interference of the physical reality
      between you and God, which is pretty much all reality is: a barrier
      between you and God's Glory.
      This is part of why I do not believe in The Devil. The very concept
      implies that an angel of God, who stood in the very Presence of God,
      didn't know that any rebellion against God was doomed to failure
      because God would know about it the very instant such a notion would
      have entered that angel's mind. Angels have no freewill, but humans
      DO.
      So humans can sin, but angels cannot. If there is an angel that kills
      or carries out some other evil, it is only because God wills it to do
      so.
      So, even though a person has a deep and abiding relationship with
      God, due to his/her freewill, that person CAN sin. David, Soloman,
      Moses, Abraham and Noah all sinned, yet they all were highly praised
      by God for their righteousness and devotion to God.Psalm 145:18. The
      Lord is near to all who call Him, to all who call Him with sincerity.
      "That every man will turn from his evil way, then I will forgive
      their iniquity and their sin." (Jeremiah 36:3).
      It is probably BETTER that a man can sin, for without sin there would
      be no opportunity to "return" to God in repentence and renewed
      dedication to God and God's Will.
      The person who sins and repents, calls upon God and returns to God
      WILL be forgiven and earn great reward for that return. A reward
      he/she would NOT have earned had they NOT sinned!
      For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the
      wicked shall fall into mischief. (Pr 24:16)
      What this means is that, even after having fallen into error, a JUST
      MAN is the one who stands himself up and tries again to follow the
      True Path. It is the wicked man who gives up trying. The
      expression, "The man who sins once is cut off from God and is doomed
      to Hell" is unBiblical.
      Does that help?
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic