1822Thoughts for the Righteous (that means you) to keep in mind

  • wglmp
    Nov 9, 2007
      Something to keep in the back of your mind, (or print out the short
      list of topics and Bible citations and keep in that your wallet or
      pocketbook).

      God IS (NR) Deut 4:32-39
      God is ONE Deut 6:4
      Judge Ps 58:12; 98:14
      Just Isa 45:21
      Merciful Joel 2:13
      Not A Man Num 23:14; Hosea 11:9
      Does Not Change Mal 3:6
      Covenant Gen 9:21; Exodus 19-24
      Required Micah 6:8 IBMTISACJ, 613
      Possible Deut 30:11-14; Gen 4:6-7
      Jews + Gen keep Eccl 12:13-14
      Sodom & Gomorrah; Jonah
      Evil Inclination Gen 4:6-7
      Call Ps 51:15; 145:18
      Confess Nu 22
      Return Ezek 18
      [See below for most of these passages.]

      Here's what the above list is to remind you of:
      God IS (NR) Deut 4:32-39 - God is; that is, God exists. The evidence
      for that is found in the Book of Deuteronomy in chapter 4, where it
      speaks of National Revelation, a proof that God exists, and that the
      Torah is true, by means of an historical fact that is such a
      compelling argument that, if any other religion could use it, they
      would have.
      God is ONE Deut 6:4 - There is One God, and no other.
      Judge Ps 58:12; 98:14 - God is the True Judge. He kn ows what we do,
      and what we are supposed to do.
      Just Isa 45:21 - God is Just; He will Jusge us according to our
      deeds.
      Merciful Joel 2:13 - God is Merciful.
      Not A Man Num 23:14; Hosea 11:9 - God is not a man. A =/= B, so B=/=
      A. No man is God. Any man who claims, or about whom is it claimed by
      others, that he is (a) god, that is a lie.
      Does Not Change Mal 3:6 - God is unchanging.
      Covenant Gen 9:21 Exodus 19-24 - God has made 2 covenants with all
      mankind, one with Noach, one with all Israel.
      Required Micah 6:8 IBMTISACJ 613 - Idolatry, Blasphemy, Murder,
      Theft, Illicit Sex, Animal Cruelty, Justice; Taryag (613) Mitzvot
      Possible - Deut 30:11-14; Gen 4:6-7 - It is possible to keep your
      respective covenants, the evil inclination can and should be
      overpowered through self-dicipline.
      Jews + Gen keep Eccl 12:13-14 - Both Jews and Gentiles must keep
      their respective covenants.
      Sodom & Gomorrah; Jonah - Sodom & Gomorrah were distroyed, and Jonhs
      was sent to Ninevah, all Gentile communities, because those com
      munities had breached the Gentile (Noachide) Covenant. The diaspora
      is Israel's punishment, and yet Israel's survival proves that the
      Mosaic Covenant is still in effect.
      Evil Inclination Gen 4:6-7 - Why do we sin? Because we have an evil
      inclination, yet we may overcome it.
      What do we do if/when we sin? Is all lost?
      Call Ps 51:15; 145:18 - We should call upon God. God is near to all
      (Jew and Gentile) who call upon him in sincerity.
      Confess Nu 22 - We should confess our sins to God.
      Return Ezek 18 - We should return to the path the Lord gave us to
      follow.
      Forgiveness Isa 43 - If we do the above, God will forgive. (He may
      still require we pay for our sins, but they will be forgiven.)
      Righteous Proverb 24:16 - Who is a righteous man? He who falls, and
      gets back up to try again, even if it takes him several attempts.
      That God tells us ther were righteous people shows that it is
      possible for us to be righteous.
      Learn from Jews Zech 8:23 - We should leard from the Jews.
      Follow their advice Deut 17:8ff - We should follow their advice.
      Not Gentiles Isa 52, 53; Jer 16:19 - We cannot trust the advice of
      Gentiles, even their "holy men" for they have inherited lies.

      The above Biblical passages.
      God IS (NR) Deut 4:32-39 32. For ask now regarding the early days
      that were before you, since the day that God created man upon the
      earth, and from one end of the heavens to the other end of the
      heavens, whether there was anything like this great thing, or was the
      likes of it heard? 33. Did ever a people hear God's voice speaking
      out of the midst of the fire as you have heard, and live? 34. Or has
      any god performed miracles to come and take him a nation from the
      midst of a[nother] nation, with trials, with signs, and with wonders,
      and with war and with a strong hand, and with an outstretched arm,
      and with great awesome deeds, as all that the Lord your God did for
      you in Egypt before your eyes? 35. You have been shown, in order to
      know that the Lord He is God; there is none else besides Him. 36.
      From the heavens, He let you hear His voice to instruct you, and upon
      the earth He showed you His great fire, and you heard His words out
      of the midst of the fire, 37. and because He loved your forefathers
      and chose their seed after them, and He brought you out of Egypt
      before Him with His great strength, 38. to drive out from before you
      nations greater and stronger than you, to bring you and give you
      their land for an inheritance, as this day. 39. And you shall know
      this day and consider it in your heart, that the Lord He is God in
      heaven above, and upon the earth below; there is none else.

      God is ONE Deut 6:4 4. Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God; the Lord
      is one.

      Judge Ps 58:12 12. And man will say, "Truly, the righteous man has
      reward; truly there is a God Who judges on earth."
      98:9 9. Before the Lord, for He has come to judge the earth; He will
      judge the inhabited world justly and the peoples with equity.

      Just Isa 45:21 21. Declare and present, let them even take counsel
      together; who announced this from before, [who] declared it from
      then? Is it not I, the Lord, and there are no other gods besides Me,
      a just and saving God there is not besides Me.

      Merciful Joel 2:13 13. And rend your hearts and not your garments,
      and return to the Lord your God, for He is gracious and merciful,
      slow to anger, and of great kindness, and He repents of the evil.

      Not A Man Num 23:14 19. God is not a man that He should lie, nor is
      He a mortal that He should relent. Would He say and not do, speak and
      not fulfill?
      Hosea 11:9 9. I will not execute the kindling of My anger, I will not
      return to destroy Ephraim, for I am God and not a man. In your midst
      is the Holy One, and I will not enter a city.

      Does Not Change Mal 3:6 6. For I, the Lord, have not changed; and
      you, the sons of Jacob, have not reached the end.

      Covenant Gen 9:1-9 1. And God blessed Noah and his sons, and He said
      to them: "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth. 2. And your
      fear and your dread shall be upon all the beasts of the earth and
      upon all the fowl of the heaven; upon everything that creeps upon the
      ground and upon all the fish of the sea, [for] they have been given
      into your hand[s]. 3. Every moving thing that lives shall be yours to
      eat; like the green vegetation, I have given you everything. 4. But,
      flesh with its soul, its blood, you shall not eat. 5. But your blood,
      of your souls, I will demand [an account]; from the hand of every
      beast I will demand it, and from the hand of man, from the hand of
      each man, his brother, I will demand the soul of man. 6. Whoever
      sheds the blood of man through man shall his blood be shed, for in
      the image of God He made man. 7. And you, be fruitful and multiply;
      swarm upon the earth and multiply thereon." 8. And God said to Noah
      and to his sons with him, saying: 9. "And I, behold I am setting up
      My covenant with you and with your seed after you.

      Exodus 19-24 Too long to copy here.

      Required Micah 6:8 8. He has told you, O man, what is good, and what
      the Lord demands of you; but to do justice

      Possible Deut 30:11-14; 11. For this commandment which I command you
      this day, is not concealed from you, nor is it far away. 12. It is
      not in heaven, that you should say, "Who will go up to heaven for us
      and fetch it for us, to tell [it] to us, so that we can fulfill it?"
      13. Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, "Who will cross to
      the other side of the sea for us and fetch it for us, to tell [it] to
      us, so that we can fulfill it?" 14. Rather,[this] thing is very close
      to you; it is in your mouth and in your heart, so that you can
      fulfill it.

      Gen 4:6-7 6. And the Lord said to Cain, "Why are you annoyed, and why
      has your countenance fallen? 7. Is it not so that if you improve, it
      will be forgiven you? If you do not improve, however, at the
      entrance, sin is lying, and to you is its longing, but you can rule
      over it."

      Jews + Gen keep Eccl 12:13-14 13. The end of the matter, everything
      having been heard, fear God and keep His commandments, for this is
      the entire man. 14. For every deed God will bring to judgment-for
      every hidden thing, whether good or bad.

      Sodom & Gomorrah From Genesis 18 & 19 which are too long to copy here.
      Jonah The entire book, which is too long to copy here.

      Evil Inclination Gen 4:6-7 6. And the Lord said to Cain, "Why are you
      annoyed, and why has your countenance fallen? 7. Is it not so that if
      you improve, it will be forgiven you? If you do not improve, however,
      at the entrance, sin is lying, and to you is its longing, but you can
      rule over it."

      Call Ps 51:15; 15. I will teach transgressors Your ways, and sinners
      will return to You.
      145:18 18. The Lord is near to all who call Him, to all who call Him
      with sincerity.

      Confess Nu 22 Too long to copy here.

      Return Ezek 18 Too long to copy here.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic