1807Re: [biblicalapologetics] Re: Response to Rob Bowman on 1 Cor. 8:6 (Patrick)

  • Patrick Navas
    Oct 12, 2007
      Rob,

      It's a relief to know that you do not promote tactics of that sort. They are awful. But I don't know if it will be clear to all that you posted that list in jest. I couldn't tell. That's why I asked.

      I'll be in touch soon with some short responses on Hebrews 1, your last posts, and then I will get to work on my review of your book. I finished reading it, and I am now half way through the footnotes. But my review/critique will take some time (probably a few months) to put together.

      Patrick

      "Robert M. Bowman, Jr." <faithhasitsreasons@...> wrote:
      Patrick,

      I did post it. The introduction is satirical. Surely you didn't
      think I seriously advocated using those fallacies?

      I'm leaving on a business trip.

      --- In biblicalapologetics @yahoogroups. com, Patrick Navas
      <patrick_navas@ ...> wrote:

      > Rob,
      >
      > I read this on your Deity of Christ blog/page. Did you post
      this? If not, are you an advocate or promoter of what follows?

      > Answer Someone If You Have No Case
      >
      > Finding someone's argument too tough to handle? Over your head
      in a matter of biblical exegesis, scientific evidence, or logical
      validity? Don't despair. Now you can always respond to those smart-
      alecks and put them in their place. These are field-tested methods
      for diverting attention from the lack of substance in your argument.
      Never be stuck again for a snappy comeback!

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic