1677Re: Imaginary Messianic Prophecies in the NT?

  • wglmp
    Jul 8, 2007
      A) Dude! It would seem some of us need to take a
      chill pill. After all, patience is a virtue.
      Perhaps I have a life OUTSIDE yahoo groups?
      B) I think I said that Darby is the only resource
      I have available to me OFF LINE, (that is to say,
      on CD-ROM), which had anything worth reporting.
      None of the other OFF LINE resources I have at my
      disposal were of any value in this area.
      C) Why would you say "I wish I could say I was
      surprised"? Is your advice ignored often? Or am I
      to assume you have had dealings with ME before,
      so that it is well known to you that I often
      ignore helpful advice?
      D) Are we to understand the tone of your post to
      be "Christ-like" given that you sign your posts
      with "In Christ's service"? Maybe, since I seem
      to recall Christ answering people quite sharply
      when they asked something he didn't like having
      asked, or when they answered in a way he didn't
      like hearing. Here are some examples:
      Matt 17:17 O faithless and perverse generation,
      how long shall I be with you? how long shall I
      suffer you?
      Mark 8:17 Why reason ye, because ye have no bread?
      perceive ye not yet, neither understand? have ye
      your heart yet hardened? 18 Having eyes, see ye
      not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not
      remember?
      Mark 8:21 And he said unto them, How is it that
      ye do not understand?
      Luke 9:41 And Jesus answering said, O faithless
      and perverse generation, how long shall I be with
      you, and suffer you?
      Luke 9:55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and
      said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
      So, yes, maybe answering with a sharp tongue for
      a simple question IS what Jesus would do.
      Or was that the point you were TRYING to convey
      WITHOUT having to spell it out like I just did
      FOR you?
      Just asking.

      wglmp

      --- In biblicalapologetics@yahoogroups.com, "Robert M. Bowman, Jr."