1628Matthew 26:39, against Christ's two natures

  • Dave Wave
    May 28, 2007
      Matthew 26:39 --
      "And He went a little beyond them, and fell on His
      face and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it is
      possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I
      will, but as Thou wilt."

      Question: How much of Jesus said the "not as I will"
      part? Only his human nature, only his divine nature,
      or both?

      He is one person, isn't he? His natures aren't mixed,
      but harmoniously united, right? Jesus IS "god and
      man, in completeness", right?

      Then what exactly is wrong with saying Jesus was
      speaking BOTH as God AND as a man, at the same time,
      there in Matthew 26:39?

      --- Dave