161Re: [biblicalapologetics] Brenton's LXX

  • Chris B.
    Jun 1, 2004
      No, Brenton's is Vaticanus, with Alexandrinus (at least) filling in
      lacunae and providing alternative readings. Rahlfs uses a bit more
      sophisticated text criticism, and for that reason is probably a better
      text. (Although neither is the best text, as scholars are working on a
      more recent text criticism project for the LXX). But for the casual
      reader of a paper version, most people will use Brenton's because of the
      English translation providied.