1495Re: [biblicalapologetics] To Patrick

  • Patrick Navas
    Feb 15, 2007
      Great, Paul,

      I appreciate that.

      I don't think I ever answered your question about why I never joined JWs. The main reason was: I never became convinced that Jesus returned invisibly in the year 1914. There were just too many doubtful points and controversies surrounding the doctrine. Also, the Society has a long history of pointing to certain dates that all proved false. This made it difficult, for me, to think that the Society was still or ever was credible in the area of "date setting." This does not mean that I think JWs are not Christians. It just means I don't think that one has to be a member of the organization or believe in the doctrine of 1914 in order to have God's approval. At least, that is where my studies have led me.

      Best wishes,

      Patrick Navas
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic