1369Re: [biblicalapologetics] Re: Where does the NT abolish Exodus 22:18?

  • Michael Hamblin
    Jun 10, 2006
      On Sat, 10 Jun 2006, Dave Wave wrote:

      > Are you going to obey God (kill witches) or men (don't
      > kill witches).

      Do you want me to kill witches?

      Look Dave, I am more than happy to have an honest discussion about the
      relationship of the law to grace - that is, after all, one of the major
      discussions in much of the New Testament epistles. But your discussion
      isn't an honest one. There are a number of Old Testament commands that
      Christians do not follow to the letter that some people interpret them -
      funny thing is that Jesus didn't follow them to the letter that Pharisees
      interpreted them either. The trouble is that you are trying to highlight
      an apparent inconsistency where there is none. None of us here need to
      waste our time responding to an argument that is not posed with the
      interest of discovering truth.

      Besides, if we started killing witches, we'd have to kill incorrigible
      infidels as well. If you want me to kill witches, by what reasoning can I
      ignore the moral imperative to kill you as well? Please Dave, by your own
      argument, tell me why shouldn't I kill you?

      Michael Hamblin michaelh@...
      3560 Alma Rd. Apt 623 http://www.evangelicalresources.org/
      Richardson, TX 75080-1104 Home Phone: 972-437-2450
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic