1363UPON WHAT ARE YOU BUILDING?

  • Craig Allen Robinson
    May 7 7:44 PM
      Everywhere you look today, people are building. Businesses, homes,
      even complete communities are springing up. Building is good for
      the country, it keeps the economy flowing, it keeps people busy at
      work. Anyone who has done any building at all knows much work is
      involved, but also there is satisfaction when the job is done to
      know that you had a hand in the building process.
      Examples of building can be read within the Bible. Noah built an
      ark, people tried to build a tower to heaven, and cities and
      kingdoms were built. In the Book of Matthew, there is a lesson that
      Jesus taught concerning building. "Therefore whosoever heareth
      these sayings of mine, and doth them, I will liken him unto a wise
      man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and
      the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and
      it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that
      heareth these sayings of mine, and doth them not, shall be likened
      unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the
      rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat
      upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it."
      [Matthew 7:24-27; also Luke 6:47-49]
      The Lord used building as an illustration to show the importance of
      building on the right foundation. At this present time, UPON WHAT
      ARE YOU BUILDING?

      The proper foundation is a must for any building to stand. Through
      the ages, some have tried on the pleasures of this world. Solomon
      explained the worth of worldly pleasures. "And whatsoever mine eyes
      desired I kept not from them, I withheld not my heart from any joy;
      for my heart rejoiced in all my labour: and this was my portion of
      all my labour. Then I looked on all the works that my hands had
      wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do; and, behold,
      all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under
      the sun." [Ecclesiastes 2:10-11]
      All the things of the world will one day pass away. Many who build
      on the pleasures of the world will find their foundation too weak to
      stand at the end of life. The love of money, glory and power all
      can be gone in an instant.
      WHEN WILL WE LEARN FROM THE LESSONS SHOWN FROM SCRIPTURE?
      Money is used by some on which they build their life. Money of
      itself is not a problem, but the love of money is a great
      problem. "For the love of money is the root of all evil: which
      while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and
      pierced themselves through with many sorrows." [1 Timothy 6:10]
      WHAT COULD BE SO GREAT THAT WE SHOULD FORGET OF GOD AND ALL THAT HAS
      BEEN DONE FOR US!!!
      Jesus stated, "…Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's
      life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he
      possesseth." [Luke 12:15] Collecting and obtaining fame and
      fortune, riches, wealth and prestige should not be anyone's first
      priority. In James 4:13-14, we can see that our physical life is
      only temporary.
      There is one foundation that God would have us to be a part of.
      That one foundation in which we all can be saved by, due to the
      knowledge of the truth, is through Christ. Jesus said, "…I am the
      way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by
      me." [John 14:6]
      There is a great amount of work involved in building. The same is
      with things of a spiritual nature. We must place our hope, trust
      and faith in God, be obedient and do that which is required of us.
      We all need to be followers of Christ/Christians. In Colossians 3:1-
      3, we see that we all should have our minds set on that which is
      above, that which we cannot see.
      If we build upon the one foundation, Christ Jesus, let us be
      reminded that heaven will be our final home.

      "For other foundation can no man lay that is laid, which is Jesus
      Christ. [1 Corinthians 3:11]

      THE PROCESS OF BECOMING A CHRISTIAN

      I. Hear The Word [Romans 10:14, 17]
      II. Believe/Have faith [Mark 16:16; John 6:29, 47, 8:24;
      Acts 16:31]
      III. Repent of sins [Luke 13:3-5; Acts 2:38, 3:19]
      IV. Confess Christ as the Son of God [Matthew 10:32-33; Romans
      10:9-10; Acts 8:35-38]
      V. Be baptized in water [Matthew 28:18-19; Mark 16:16; John
      3:3-5; Acts 2:38, 8:35-38, 22:16]
      *Then The Lord will add you to His church. [Acts 2:47]
      *God, not man, gives the increase. [1 Corinthians 3:6-7]
      *Remain steadfast in righteousness to make way to Heaven. [1
      Corinthians 15:58; Colossians 1:21-23; 1 John 1:7; Revelation 2:10]