A 21st century interp. of Revelation

  • ghintp
    Message 1 of 3556 , Aug 27, 2001
      I�m going to propose what I think is a rather
      novel and perhaps disturbing interpretation of the book
      of Revelation. I do not write this with the
      intention of upsetting anyone but instead I do it in the
      tradition of all good teachers (including Jesus) who
      inspire their students to think for
      themselves.<br><br>Has anyone noticed that many stories or lessons in
      the bible are written in the form of parables? Jesus
      taught people lessons in the form of parables. (See Mark
      and Matthew) The whole intention of telling parables
      is to get people to use their intuition. Does anyone
      know that intuition is an entire fourth of your brain?
      See:<br><a href=http://www.cgjungpage.org/articles/typereading2.html target=new>http://www.cgjungpage.org/articles/typereading2.html</a> (If reading that is too difficult go all the way
      down to the conclusions at the bottom.)<br><br>I�m
      going to refer to the cognitive (brain) functions as
      Carl Jung described them. I think this is appropriate
      as we all use the same brain only we are born with
      preferences for its use. There are four functions and to
      attitudes for each determined by introversion and
      extroversion. That makes 16 personality types.. One way to
      think about it is to observe that most of us have two
      hands but we don�t use our hands for the same things.
      We have the same brain functions that all modern
      humans have had for at least 1 million years. It�s just
      that our environmental influences are different and
      language usage changes.<br><br>(S)ensing = Perceives
      sensory data i.e. Touch (includes taste and smell), sight
      and hearing. This function is when looking into the
      past. Comparing current sensory data to past sensory
      data.<br>(F)eeling = Subjective reasoning. This judging function is
      often used in ethics, music appreciation,
      relationships, etc.<br>I(N)tuition = Perceives holistically.
      Often called creativity, insight, extrasensory
      perception; telepathy, clairvoyance, precognition, etc. This
      function is future oriented. The concept of heaven and an
      afterlife exist in this quadrant of the
      brain.<br>(T)hinking = Objective reasoning. This judging function is
      used in mathematics, language semantics, the sciences,
      really anything that doesn�t have to do with people. You
      can think if it as �abstract�
      reasoning.<br><br>Intuition is a perceiving function like sensing but does
      not perceive the same things. Sensing is specific and
      concrete and intuition is holistic and boundless. In
      Buddhism, koans are used to exercise the same function. The
      idea is to stop reasoning the way you do on a daily
      basis (T & F) and perceive beyond the limitations of
      your senses (S) in order to see things as they truly
      are. In other words think �outside the box�.
      Unfortunately US society does not understand or encourage
      people to use this part of their brain. Just the
      opposite people who prefer it are the ones most identified
      with ADD/ADHD and are subsequently drugged to suppress
      its use. See www.borntoexplore.org<br><br>It�s also
      important to point out that each quadrant of the brain has
      a different structure used in the formation or
      interpretation of language. Broca�s area is in the front left,
      Wernicke�s is in the back left, and the other two are poorly
      researched but are mirror images of the first two. This is
      important when communicating with others because the words
      someone uses or how they say it doesn�t necessarily
      convey what they meant. It�s important to maintain a
      distinction between the words people use and the concepts
      they are �trying� to convey.
    • spread_the_word_2k1
      Message 3556 of 3556 , Mar 25, 2002
        --- In bibleprophecies@y..., posthumousone <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > 5. It will not be the ultimate deception, mankind that remains to
        > worship the Beast, and the Image of the Beast, will do so
        willingly.
        > They will have the choice, they must make that decision, they will
        > have 144,000 witnesses to give them the path. The choice is theirs,
        > if they wish to be participants of this world order that is coming
        > (almost complete), or participants of Heaven... it is their choice.

        Matthew 24
        23At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!'
        or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. 24For false Christs and false
        prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive
        even the elect--if that were possible. 25See, I have told you ahead
        of time.

        Mark 13
        21At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ[1] !'
        or, 'Look, there he is!' do not believe it. 22For false Christs and
        false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive
        the elect--if that were possible. 23So be on your guard; I have told
        you everything ahead of time.

        Matthew 24
        4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man
        deceive you.
        5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall
        deceive many

        Matthew 24
        11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

        2 Thessalonians 2
        3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come,
        except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be
        revealed, the son of perdition;

        2 Timothy 3
        12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer
        persecution.
        13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving,
        and being deceived.
        14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast
        been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

        2 John 1
        6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is
        the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should
        walk in it.
        7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not
        that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an
        antichrist.
        8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have
        wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

        Revelation 12
        9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the
        Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out
        into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

        Revelation 13
        13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down
        from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
        14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those
        miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying
        to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to
        the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
        15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that
        the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as
        would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

        Revelation 19
        20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that
        wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had
        received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image.
        These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

        Revelation 20
        3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a
        seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the
        thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed
        a little season.

        Revelation 20
        8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four
        quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to
        battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

        Revelation 20
        10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire
        and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall
        be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

        > Close not your eyes or your ears to the truth. The last 7 shepherds
        > are in Isreal. The two prophets - in Israel. The AntiChrist as a
        > man - Is alive, location - this week, Peru, for the IMF and World
        > Bank meeting. Next week, Beriut, Lebanon, for the Arab Conference.
        >
        > The False Prophet - is also alive, and waiting... and he will
        surely
        > come with all the Power and Lying wonder of the First Beast. The
        > False Prophet shall come second, but in such a way, to deceive even
        > the "Elect" if it were possible.

        Interesting to note here Jesus Christ's referral to the days of Noah -
        the Book of Enoch (mentioned in Jude and elsewhere vanished for many
        years then reappeared in the 1800s - fallen angels returning
        as 'aliens' claiming to be our ancestors? thoughts to ponder anyway.

        praise God, pray, study the Word.

        peace be with you,
        kpaul