Beth's CD

  • jessicayfox
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
      I got the CD back! It makes me so happy. Are we ready for a social
      event? What about a BBQ potluck for whole families on Sunday
      afternoon, the 13th? I have two grills. We could bring our own meat
      and share the other picnic items. Sound good? Jess
    • lilymaxmo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
        Sounds like a good idea.  I don't think we have anything that weekend but I will check with Gary to be sure.  I would like a chance for all the families to get together and some of the husbands actually meet.

        Max

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
          Hi Ladies!

          I hope all is well.  I am missing you all and missing the study.  With all of this traveling, I have fallen a bit behind; but I will catch up!  I am in upstate NY now, enjoying my family!  Will return on Sunday night and then leave back to Nashville for work for another week :(

          While a BBQ sounds awesome, I would not be able to make the 13th.  I have out of town guests just for that weekend and they have made plans for the entire weekend already.  :(  After that weekend, life should be a little quieter on my end though.

          If I could make a couple prayer requests to you guys.. #1.  Marc is job searching again so we need prayer that the right opportunity is on the horizon.  #2.  My school's contract does not look like it is going to make it but I am still praying for a best case senerio.  If it is God's will, we may at least get a charter contract for August.

          Thanks Ladies... Miss you all and hope all is well.  Love, Angela

        • carolgibson1108
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2, 2008
            hEY i sent you something to your email address. did you get it? if
            not I will try to find it again and send it to you. what is a full
            address that I can reach you?
          • carolgibson1108
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 2, 2008
              If you missed yesterday then somehow make up the video. Beth said so
              much in the video (of course) and I truly believe that there was
              something for each one of us to take and apply to heart.

              One of the things that she talked about was how in her marriage
              things were not perfect. At first she looked at that as a problem,
              but then she saw that it was repeated opportunity to grow and mature
              herself as well as to help support her husband as he grew. That
              spoke out the loudest to me, becuase I am sometimes get so frustrated
              with Ron and the job situation. It seems that everytime we make
              progress financially we have a setback, go back to one income and
              creep along. Most of the time I have been asking God to 'fix' Ron
              and 'make him change' so this won't happen again and again.

              But within the last couple of months I have been focusing on what I
              can do differently to support him when he is the lowest. Ladies
              (especially the 'crew' with the husband-job issue) this is the
              perfect time for us to go and attack this problem a different way--by
              us growing and putting further faith in god and learn how to use
              practical methods to build up our men. As frustrated and unsettled I
              can be and feel, imagine how it is for them, they see the sales that
              pass us by that we miss, they see us put on that pair of shoes that
              needs to be replaced, they see and feel more than we think they do.

              I have also learned by HOLY SPIRIT and by TRIAL AND ERROR
              that 'innocent' statements that we say, translate to a WHOLE 'nother
              language when our men are in need. For example, if I
              say 'sweetheart, the car is pulling a little to the right, I think
              the tires need to be aligned' (and thats all that i mean to say),
              that translates into 'hey there is a car problem that i know that you
              probably already know about but you could not fix because it was not
              in the budget-which by the way, the lack of is your fault-and i am
              further reminding you about your inability to take care of the family
              and ultimately insulting your manhood by bringing back to your
              attention the fact that you can't get this fixed until we get paid
              again--which actually is when 'I' get paid again.........sweetheart'

              It sounds crazy, but men are more sensitive than we are but they will
              internalize it. you HAVE TO rely on Holy spirit in those close
              relationships especially when there is crunch time going on.

              In a recent message my Pastor said that we should enjoy the people
              that we are around. No, things are not perfect, but if we have
              decided to not be happy until they are, we will never be happy. He
              says to enjoy those people 'where they are' and don't wait until they
              are 'what you want them to be'. love them 'here' and encourage them
              to get 'there'. (side note--this applies to family, spouses,
              children--other relationships like guys, boyfriends and stuff need to
              GO if they are not showing improvement! God gives us red flags for a
              reason AND he is trying to keep you from gettin in the mess that is
              permanent)

              I was just upset this morning because i had looked online at our bank
              account, and i had to use the word of god to get me settled back down
              again. (Hebrews 13:5 while pounding my fists). i had planned to hit
              several of my favorite thrift stores up in orlando (wednesday is buy
              1 get 2 free!), and make a day out of it and get a lot of stuff, but
              i decided to not go because of that. I pouted for a little bit, but
              then I got over MYSELF and what did do? I had a fashion show OUT OF
              MY OWN CLOSET! I found a few things I forgot about, fit into a few
              things that used to be too tight (a few....) and put together new
              combinations to make 'new outfits'. When we look at our situations
              from a different angle it makes it harder for the enemy to get in and
              act a fool.

              anyway, could write more but wont. later!

              P.S. I was walking all around town from store to store today and lost
              my earpiece and then i had to retrace my steps which was so hard and
              hot and miles long looking for a gray earpiece on gray pavement and
              sidewalks. and i found it! on the sidewalk about and hour later from
              when i dropped it, were anyone could have picked it up and taken it.
              That was a hook up from god! thanks lord!!!!!!!!!!!
            • lilymaxmo@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 2, 2008
                We miss you too, but hope you are enjoying your summer.  Sounds like you have had a very busy schedule the last few weeks.  Glad you're getting to spend some time with your family.

                I will be praying for you and Marc and your job situations.  God will come through and I pray that it will be soon.

                Love & Miss You,
                Max

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 2, 2008
                  Such powerful words and so true.  Men totally hear things differently than what we say or mean.  We really do have to be so careful about the words we use.  Thanks for the encouraging words to find new ways to approach a difficult situation.

                  Max

[...]

                • Angela Whitford-Narine
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 2, 2008
                    Carol.. Thank you AGAIN!  I am definately in a place with my husband (and is job situation) where I needed to hear that.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 3, 2008
                      Well you all know my situation too.  I really REALLY try to be patient and be careful what I say to Mark, but it's wearing very thin right now.  Please ladies, pray for me about this.  I'm getting to the end of my rope with this situation.

                      Julia
                    • carolgibson1108
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 3, 2008
                        I know it's so hard. Of course I don't know the details of you guys,
                        but my Ron felt like everyone was against him and sometimes during
                        arguments he would basically say 'and you are not on my side
                        either!'. It's weird, as pleasant as I am/was, and much I as tried
                        not to 'bring it up' I thought that was the way to go, but right now
                        your husband needs a cheerleader. Oh, I have not perfected this at
                        all, please don't think that. It's a little better now, because Ron
                        is in school so he is gone all day, but those days when he was just
                        at home, I tell you. I would get up at 4:45 and be getting dressed
                        for work and he would still be in the bed and I would look at him
                        asleep and I felt like if I had superman eyes I would have cut him in
                        half with laser beams!!!!!

                        But seriously, he was upset and depressed, and being awake reminded
                        him of so much of what he felt was wrong with him. God created man
                        to 'do' and to 'lead' and to 'take care of'---it's in their nature.
                        So when they are not able to, then it hurts them deeper than they can
                        ever express to us. I know that me and you and angela and natasha's
                        men are NOT doing this on purpose, but sometimes I know those kinds
                        of thoughts come to your mind, because they have come to mine as
                        well.

                        Because we are far away from my family and we don't need any help
                        financially (glory to GOD and to TITHING) we don't get much grief
                        from them, but I feel bad because Ron is such a great man and an
                        excellent husband and a sweetheart, but I know in their eyes he
                        appears to be a 'loser who can't take care of my baby sister/daugher'
                        and I don't like that because we are just having some setbacks. But
                        we don't really deal with that too much. God is also dealing with me
                        with pride and 'always getting everyting right' and because I grew up
                        sheltered and pretty much a nerd, I have a very 'storybook outlook'
                        that everything is supposed to go perfectly..............yeah right!

                        But what I can say is that you trust your husband, but TRUST IN God.
                        more later!